Options

2021 Floor vinyl update

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited September 2020 in Factory Comments
We saw a factory-fresh Tab 400 and the vinyl flooring style has changed. Our dealer confirmed w/ NüCamp that this should be the new flooring going forward.  Ours will have the gray accent paneling and I think it will really pop with the new flooring style.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited March 2021
    Nice look and color, but I am not a fan of vinyl flooring made to look like wood, bricks, stone, etc.  I liked the marine floor covering used in 2018/219 TaB400.  Also real linoleum flooring (in commercial grade) can not be beat for ease of care and long lasting surface.  I have a linoleum floor in a cabin that has lasted 60 years.  Both vinyl and linoleum are easy to clean.  The new color In wood planking flooring is a nice match.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited September 2020
    That looks like the plank style of flooring popular in home remodeling @rhyno. I agree the color will be very complimentary to your overall palette of colors. Post pics after you pick it up!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I saw this flooring on the new models and I thought it was a great color choice, plus easier to clean as compared to the textured floor of my former 2019 400. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Yes, I agree on cleaning Verna, but I use a soft small broom and dust bin (both have 3-foot handles) and the marine textured flooring cleans right up.  A damp rag takes care of any tracked dirt.  What I like the most, is this flooring is very rugged, does not damage easily when something heavy or sharpies is dropped. 
    I also like the texture and I go barefoot or with socks only, on the inside the trailer.  I like the nice sure footing feel of 

Vinyl dents and cuts easily in my experience.  But what nüCamp is using may be better stuff than what I have previously seen or used.
    cheers
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I am quite happy with my choice of the grey accent panel graphite cushions with the Lino floor on the 2021 400

congratulations to the fashion designers at NuCamp its attractive and a practical design for a camping vehicle I think 

Runaway 30
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    I loved the Sofitel floor that was in the 320s. Not sure which year it was but we saw it in a dealership about 2 years ago. It was striped with tan and black. It was the prettiest floor I’ve seen in a teardrop! Really wished the 21 Tab 400 had it as an option. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @xdr: Ya, pretty sweet; it mimicked a marine floor of teak.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2021

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Yes that’s it! So classy. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The marine sole (floor) style is known as teak and holly, and was used for practical reasons, as glueing two teak boards together is difficult at best (wood is very oily, which gives its weather resistant) and holy glues quite nicely to the track, so acts s a binder strip.  On decks (oustside) teak is seamed between board joints with an adhesive caulking compound.  

Teak and Holy makes a very nice boat sole (or RV/trailer floor) and had a sharp appearance in addition to the practical long wear underfoot,  on a boat, the holly is slightly proud of the teak surface and has a rounded crown, so add slip resistance in a boat cabin.
    cheers