Options

No Goodyear Endurance Tires Available /- Found them

TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
edited October 2020 in Products and Accessories
Are there any other comparable tires out there.

After reading every ones praises about the Endurances I'm a little bummed that none are available due to the plant being shut down.
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2020
    Hmmmm. Not a good sign of things to come.

I've liked our Cooper tires for our TV. Reviews were excellent (if you can believe they're unbiased!....) Traction is noticably better in rain and snow.

The tires I got for the Tab are an off-brand name (probably Chinese) highly regarded by my tire guy, who I trust. I can get you the brand if you're interested.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jrhameljrhamel Member Posts: 101
    Look at Carlisle tires. I just ordered a pair. They have very good reviews and are less expensive than Goodyear. Yes they are made in China but not all Chinese tires are bad, check the reviews. 
     20 T@G XL Boondock and 2019 Ford F 150 4x4

Madison, Wi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I loved the Carlisle tires I put on my 2011 Silver Shadow teardrop and also on my 2014 T@B S Max. Such a much smoother ride than the factory provided tires. I did have both sets balanced before using them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Update.  When I called the original Goodyear dealer that had the tires on his web site, he told me the factory that make the Endurance has been shut down since march or April due to Covid.  That's when I posted for help.

Yesterday I Googled my Endurance size and came back with a few hits.  One place said they would arrive 11/9.  Another was the incorrect size when I followed the link.  Then I clicked on a Wal-Mart link.  They were selling pairs for $225 by a third party vendor thru their site, and they would be delivered by 10/9.  Got an email this morning that they shipped and will be arriving 10/4.

Now to see what the mfg. dates are on them when (if) they arrive.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2020
    For anyone still looking, check https://www.tirerack.com for tires. They will ship direct to a shop in your area. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Etrailer.com shows availability.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Endurance tires were delivered today (Sunday) by FedEx.  Pretty heavy for a 14 inch tire.  Looks like the date code is 3320.  Now to find a shop that mount them.  I plan on taking the wheels off at home so I can check or pack the bearings.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Found a small shop that mounted and balanced them for $15 each.  Was disappointed that the shop I usually go to wanted $32 each! It was a comedy of errors removing the wheels.  I have a small trolley jack I used. First issue was trying to get it situated by the step so I could reach the handle and have enough clearance to pump it up.  Then found my jack stand was too tall, and the base wouldn’t clear the jack.  Put the tire back on and moved the jack closer to the end of the jack plate.  Couple of trips to the shed and I fashioned a jack stand out of 2 4x4s and 2 2x6s stacked up.  Once I got that figured out it went a lot easier, though still rough lying down and trying to work the jack handle.
    Tampa FL