Options

ALDE USE WHEN WINTERIZED

My new TAB 400 has been winterized for the winter months.
I realize I cannot use the ALDE for hot water, but can I use the ALDE for heating the interior? 

Comments

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Yes.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2020
    The one gotcha with this is that you cannot run the Alde with antifreeze inside the boiler unit itself.. 

If antifreeze was used to winterize, rather than the 'blow out method' (evacuating the system with air), and the system was correctly winterized, being sure to bypass the Alde when adding the antifreeze, then you can use the Alde while winterized. But if someone inadvertantly put antifreeze into the Alde as well, then you should avoid using the Alde until it has been drained of antifreeze.

They say that hot antifreeze in contact with the innards of the Alde can damage the internal seals (or something like that).
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2020
    Das enough to check, look to see what position the Red valve handle on the Nautilus is set to, vertical or horizontal.  This is rhe Alde bypass valve.  If the red handle is sideways, the Alde water heater is bypassed (no water going to it), when in use to get  hot water, the red valve handle should be vertical.   
    You can also open the hot water tap, pump off, red handle on Nautilus vertical, and open the hot water pressure relief valve (located under bunk, driver’s side, yellow flip handle on the floor between the Alde Heater and outside wall, and see if anti Fred ones out.  Of so, you need to drain and clean out the hot water tank before using the Alde for heat.

You should check with the dealer to see how they Winterize the trailer.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.