Options

Pine Pitch on Acrylic Windows

Any suggestions for the safe removal of pine pitch from the Tab Acrylic windows? We've accumulated more than a little this season particularly on the large rear star gazer window. I know of all sorts of things that will remove it but I don't know what some of them might do the acrylic.
2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
Vermont

Comments

• Options
    warbler_roadwarbler_road Member Posts: 83
    Smooth peanut butter? It takes label gum off of bottles. Try in a very tiny area?
    • Virginia
    • 2020 T@B 400
    • 2018 Tacoma SR V6 3.5L
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Find someone working in a hospital and try to score some V.Mueller Whisk Adhesive Remover. Try it on a safe area but I have used it on our 320S front window with no damage. This stuff is a miracle solution.
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    Goo Gone works well and is safe on the acrylic and painted surfaces.

• Options
    DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    I've used alcohol based hand sanitizer to get pitch off the paint on my vehicles.  I agree with the others to try it on a small non-citical spot but it's pretty gentle.
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • Options
    HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    Thanks all. Used Goo Gone and the pine pitch is now gone as well! No affect on the acrylic.
    2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
    2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
    Vermont
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    HBarry said:
    Thanks all. Used Goo Gone and the pine pitch is now gone as well! No affect on the acrylic.
    That's great to know. I have some pines along my driveway that rain down sap once in a while. It's nice to know that Goo Gone won't hurt the acrylic windows if some gets on them.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    That is great news. I was wondering what would work to remove sap on the windows. Thank you for sharing!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 57
    I've tried both goo gone and a 70% alcohol solution of hand sanitizer and the alcohol solution worked best.  
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon