Options

Only short bursts of hot water with Alde 3020 on new 2021 T@B 400 Boondock

Hi.  We are only getting very short (maybe 5 seconds) of hot water before it goes cold again.  After reviewing some discussions and one of the Nucamp videos I checked the mixing valve but it is already in the max position.  Any guidance would be hugely appreciated!  

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    How did you fill the Alde hot water tank.  Connect to city/shore water, turn in hot water faucet and run until all sputtering stops, and a steady stream of water is coming out.
      __  Look under the rear bunk, driver’s side and make sure the yellow pressure relief valve handle is horizontal, not pointing up.  
      __ Mix valve has a stop, at a medium temp, loosen the screw lift knob and move past stop (or stop moves) to select a hotter water temp.  
      __ Check the Alde control panel, make sure hot water arrow is filled in half way
      __  Check Alde contro, panel for glycol temp, to make sure it has heated up.  

Initial heating can take up to a half hour, if you are only wanting hot water, turn heater circulation pump off.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    You need to adjust the mixer valve if you've already got it at max and it's still cold.  I had to do that with our 2021 400 and now it's blazing hot.  Here is a link to a discussion on the matter.  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/117335#Comment_117335
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    bergger said:
    You need to adjust the mixer valve if you've already got it at max and it's still cold.  I had to do that with our 2021 400 and now it's blazing hot.  Here is a link to a discussion on the matter.  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/117335#Comment_117335
    +1 to this. You'll need to loosen the screw on the mixing valve in order to lift the knob up and over the limiting stop that is built into it. This allows you to adjust the temperature another full cycle of the knob...and it will allow for extremely hot water...so be careful how far you additionally turn it.

Also, on the Alde control panel, there is a "shower" boost mode...which also helps create a stready stream of hot water. Look up how to set this if you don't already know - it works with the Alde flow to allow virtually unlimited hot water for a 30 minute period...when you need it.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    ESHESH Member Posts: 27
    Thanks, all.  Very helpful!  Will give these recommendations a try.
  • Options
    ESHESH Member Posts: 27
    I failed to report back and thank everyone for their help.  Was able to adjust the valve per @ChrisFix directions and the hot water worked great.