BC Interior / Canadian Rockies, May / June 2021? - Cancel Due to COVID

RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 62
edited March 2021 in Events & News
Greetings all.  We're starting to develop tentative plans for 2021 and hope to travel from Vancouver Island to the BC Interior / Rockies in May and June next year. Our itinerary is very flexible at the moment.  We were wondering if there are others who have an interest in similar travel next year and if we should try to organize a rally; recognizing that COVID may continue to restrict travel.  A few regions we're interested in include the Okanagan, Revelstoke, Banff / Jasper, etc.  In any case, if there are others with a similar interest; perhaps we could coordinate a gathering.
2019 TAB 320s
Vancouver Island

Comments

• GbertrandGbertrand Member Posts: 39
    @RetireeBC.......that sounds like a great idea, a small rally before all the crowds hit the roads, let's see what kind of response you get to your post over the next couple months

Have a great day
     2021 T@B 400 BD, 2019 F-150, or 2011 F-150 (depending on conditions)

Definition of Success….”moving from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm” (Winston Churchill)
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    I would love to do that trip and it's on my bucket list, but I had thought it would be another year or so, especially with Covid and borders closed. I've been to that area and stayed in many of those towns (Kelowna/Penticton, Revelstoke, Banff, Field, Calgary and made it part way up the Ice Fields Parkway), but not with my trailer. I would also love to explore Vancouver Island and Victoria. I'm in the Portland area. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 62
    It does look like travel between our two counties is going to be restricted for some time to come. Let's hope that things improve sooner than later to allow us to explore each others counties. Vancouver Island has a lot to offer. I would love to get down to Washington State and Oregon in the future. The Oregon Coast, as I recall from a trip over 40 years ago is beautiful.
    2019 TAB 320s
    Vancouver Island