Options

Just finished the cross country trip and first REAL use of the T@B 320S . We did pretty well. :)

nmdreamnmdream Member Posts: 27
edited October 2020 in Camping & Travel
SC to California - Disappointed in the speed limits west of the Mississippi River, I always loved the back roads to slow down and enjoy the drive.  Managed quite a few pics along the trip, gorgeous, Elk, Open Range Grand Canyon ... good trip all in all the little engine did a great job. Highest elevation was about 7600 ft. sometimes worked a little harder but I found that manual shift worked better than leaving it in auto on the long high passes. Back roads were 70 and 75 too often. , What's the point in enjoying a leisure drive if everyone is o you like an hungry buzzard. But we managed to blow through and enjoyed the trip, the 320S was a juggle at first, but it turned out to be exactly what we needed after we decided to stop making it a show trailer inside and use it as we intended. We had a short time to make the trip. So after 3rd night we made the bed and left it out. 16 Days allocated but 3 were spoken for before we hit Texas. ( Hint... keep water in the holding tank so the portable outhouse is always available in case of a stomach virus :blush:  
Return trip allowed me to relax a tiny bit and get a couple of beautiful Milky Way shots outside Meteor Crater Az. 
Lots of lessons learned. Looking forward to Chimney Rock NC this weekend. Before it gets too late in the year. 

We managed to get about 15 MPG - surprised me with the higher speeds but slowed as I could. Small sway Bar added to help with stability and it worked admirably. Spent a ight in the NO Services campground at Datil, NM that night and it got down to 38 F . Late stop, tired and desperate. Used holding tank for bathroom and sink, Battery started to fade about 3 AM - we were hooked up for tow and I just started the car and gave us another hr. of heat but the trailer did stay pretty warm without main power. We were pleasantly surprised. 
2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 181 HP w/Hayden 678 Rapid Cool
2019 T@B 320 S 

Comments