Options

Alde Outdoor Temp Probe 2021 Tab 400?

I am reading about the various systems thru the manufactures owner manuals.
I see the Alde control panel has an outdoor temp reading.
Does the 2021 400 come standard with the outdoor sensor.
If it does not,  has anyone installed one?  I checked the forum and see no reference to this item.
Thanks in advance for your knowledge and time.

Boondock 400 on order.

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Not sure if the out door sensor is yet included.  You can contact Alde and order.  I just ordered the remote sensor to relocate lower in the cabin and get a better heat range.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    Have a 2020 400 and looked into this question as well. Queried Nucamp and they said 1) they haven't used the outdoor sensor so 2) talk to Alde. Alde said you have to go through an Alde dealer. Queried one here in Vermont with no response. Haven't pursued it yet but if you find a source would love to hear about it if you do.
    2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
    2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
    Vermont
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I installed one on my 2019 400, purchased through my dealer who got it from NuCamp. Easy install. Plug  and play.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2020
    I placed an order for the remote sensor from Alde in Elkhart, In. I spoke with Chantal Hershberger, Senior Customer Care Coordinator.  I asked her if we the owners could order through Alde.  She said we could however, there are some items that they sell to dealers only. Her # is 855-558-7862 option 1.  Waiting for UPS to deliver it today.

The number is for Truma Corp.  They have merged with Alde and handle both now. 

2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    Hey N7SHG_Ham how did you route the cord to get the sensor on the exterior of the trailer?

atlasb thanks for the info.
  • Options
    HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    Great info atlasb! This is why the forum is so helpful.
    2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
    2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
    Vermont
  • Options
    I agree, the forum is a resource that contributed to my decision to purchase a 400 boondock.  Thanks again everyone, as a first time RV owner you all are invaluable.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @runaway30 I drilled a small hole straight through the floor in the Alde compartment after some careful measurements. Feed the cable up from outside after removing the plug, once wire was inside, reinstall the plug and then just plugged it into the Alde board. It really is pretty easy, I just was a bit nervous about that hole though the floor! Caulking to seal. I mounted the sensor on the inside of the frame rail on driver side, pretty protected from road debris there.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    NuCamp installed the remote Temperature sensor and a battery backup (2 AA Battery unit) on my T@B 400 per my request when the trailer was built.  I’m assuming the sensor is below the digital display by the side entry door.  The battery backup unit allows me to turn off the Alde after shutting things down and saves the settings for heating the trailer, etc. The battery unit is in the upper corner of the cabinet over the sink.  It’s a very nice add in as is the temperature probe and handy when you are wondering how the temperature is outdoors.  No more weather monitor to go to.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    @runaway30 You can also route the Alde outdoor temp sensor wire under the rear bunk, following the existing wire runs and come out at the rear cargo door area, no holes to drill this way.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks Michigan_Mike I have asked the dealer to check if the factory could install.  The order from the dealer went in yesterday, if not I will purchase it myself and install it.
    Thanks for all the info and advice.