Trustworthy Dealer New England??

Hi.  New to the forum.  I've done a search and have not been able to find any kind of recommendation for a trustworthy Nucamp dealer in New England.  Anyone out there in Tab land have someone to recommend?  I'm mostly concerned about someone who will be reliable for any issues and/or after care.  On a side note, not many new Tab 320s showing up for sale in the northeast!
Thanks.
2021 Tab 320 BD; Honda Passport

Comments

• VTTravelerVTTraveler Member Posts: 3
    Dan Kearney RV & Lightweight Towables, Rutland, VT  (802) 775-2915

They have been a great help to me.  Always eager to answer my questions and very quick with parts orders.
    2013 T@B 320S / 2016 Volvo V60 Cross Country / Vermont
  • HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    I will second VTTraveler about Dan Kearney's. Joe Kearney is the contact their for the Nucamp trailers. Been very happy with their responsiveness. The only downside is that they are small and do not have an in house service capability. It's contracted out but so far that has worked for me.
    2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
    2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
    Vermont
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2020
    I'll have to 'third' the recommendation for Dan Kearney! Excellent people.

He was great to deal with, set us up late in the day with our new Tab, arranged for the right drop hitch from the nearby Napa store (ours was too high)...

We live 6 hours away from Rutland.

Three or four years later my son and family were driving through the area (from Buffalo) and their car broke down. Because it's no fun to need a repair shop when you're on the road, I called Dan for advisement on a local shop and parts for repair (on a weekend). Dan embraced the situation, took charge, and saved the day (saved the weekend!) for them, and arranged the repair!

Highly recommended!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • PongPong Member Posts: 39
    WOW, sounds like it's Dan Kearney's!  Thank you very much.  I'll be in touch with them soon.  Rutland is a bit better than 3 hours from my home.  No problem with that.  Thanks again.
  • TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2020
    They're apparently in short supply - I heard a rumour from my dealer north of the border here that there may not be *any* 320's coming to Canada next year - seems like they have enough 320 demand at home that they don't need to export - good luck finding one in your neck of the woods!
    Yes, they are quite popular, it seems.  I've also been looking at the Sol trailers.  They seems very nice.  I know this is a Tab forum, but anyone here checked them out?  Why did Tab win out over the Sol?
    Well....
    There's the cute factor.
    And a quick glance looks like the Sol is quite a bit heavier, or is there a small cute one I missed?
    Personally, we've been intrigued by the Safari Condo Alto out of Quebec.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 343
    HBarry said:
    I will second VTTraveler about Dan Kearney's. Joe Kearney is the contact their for the Nucamp trailers. Been very happy with their responsiveness. The only downside is that they are small and do not have an in house service capability. It's contracted out but so far that has worked for me.
    So who does the maintenance work,  and where?   
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
    Well, many thanks again to those who recommended Dan Kearney's.  I contacted them and found they are expecting one Tab 320 Boondock to arrive mid next month.  I did more research on the Sol and then decided on the Tab for several reasons.  I think I will really like the split back and pull out slides on the 2021 bed, the cassette toilet, the water system and the solar set up.  I emailed and asked for the "out the door" price and got prompt attention and a direct answer.  The dealership doesn't play games with low-ball price then add-on fees.  I've put down a deposit and have found my camper. FYI, they are expecting more 2021 Tabs, both 320s and 400s in the new year and taking pre-orders now. 
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    What is winter camping like around VT?  Many parks open or free spots available if willing to shovel snow? 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

@YanniLazurus Kearneys uses certified techs that they contract with as needed. Work is done in their shop. A bottom line is that based on my experience they go out of their way to satisfy the customer.
    @DougH; winter camping in VT is only if you want to be removed from the trailer by first responders frozen into a solid mass with the bed.
    Vermont
    edited October 2020
    @HBarry A few of us forum folk are used to winter camping in the Rockies where it's routinely below 0F, and often hits -30F, whereas Stowe VT only hit -12F this past February. Upper VT is a like a sauna.  =)

But I take it that it's not too popular, and local T@bbers don't make arrangements with one of the state parks to plow out a loop for a week of camping and XC skiing, or anything like that.

@DougH Well I won't say no one does it but the state parks are locked up tight. The one place that I'm aware of in New England that is open is Blackwoods campground at Acadia National Park in Maine. No idea how much use that gets. Maybe the ice climbers??
    Vermont
    @HBarry Thanks! Family was originally from New England and for work I was frequently near Boston or Syracuse, and using the rental car to visit parks on the weekends. Hoping to get back up that way again more often, since it's such a profoundly beautiful area.

@DougH and @HBarry, we'd be pleased as punch to find winter camping open in New York State, Pennsylvania, Vermont, etc...
    Absolutely frustrated hunting for it. 
    Allegheny National Forest (Penn.) has at least one campground that stays open into January, I think, but NY is nil.
    Ontario has a number of them, but the border is closed!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    edited October 2020
    @ChanW @HBarry Sheesh, my senile brain forgot all about the Good Sam app, which has a filter for "open all year", until just now.  Sorry. I think one of the moderators clued me into that handy way to find winter sites (usually private parks) a couple years ago, and it's been useful, but there are occasional innacuracies.  And using things like Campendium, iOverlander, etc. I often find open winter spots in the West that Good Sam doesn't include.

There's 10-20 that might be worth looking into in NY, VT, NH. Mostly NY.

Ah! Thanks @DougH
    I think when I first searched, I was limiting my search to public campgrounds. Could have been the problem.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    Just drove 1400 miles from Texas to pick up a T@B 302 from RV Road Trip Camping in Orange VA. The owner is Warren Keely, he is a great person and will help you with anything. Not hard sell. He had/has a good supply of micro trailers including T@B’s and T@G’s on his lot. I had him install s solar system, brake controller, hard wired surge protector, lithium ion battery and battery monitor. T@B was ready when promised and work was exceptional. Not one issue on our 7 day camping trip back home. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Freespirit, welcome and congratulations on your trailer. Post a pic, we luv 'm. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.