Options

Traveling with shades down

LyneLyne Member Posts: 27
What are owners talking about when they say they travel with their window shades and screens down to keep from breaking? Saw these comments on the facebbok page.

Comments

• Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2015
    I think it's just the opposite: on the older style, travel with them up so the vibration doesn't break off the little hooks that hold them in the closed or partially closed position.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My dealer said to travel with the 2015 model shades up. I assumed it was to keep people from being snoopy and the sun out. The shade and screen for the window is on a string pulley system. So it sounds like the older models raised up and you secured them with a hook that could break from a rough road trip, right?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I was pretty sure you were supposed to travel with them up. Will have to dig out the book.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    There is nothing in the owner's manual about it. I leave mine up when not in use.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    You're probably reading about Dutchmen T@Bs.  Our screens/shades work completely different.  A plastic tab holds them in place at 3 different positions.  If we travel with them lowered, vibration can break the tab and then you can't keep them lowered at all.  I don't think it applies to LG.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
     :) 
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    On the DM we can only pull our screens and shades down from the top.  We have nothing to pull up from the bottom. lol  We ride with screens and shades not showing....open window.  If ours are down, covering the window, then the little catch tabs are in jeopardy of breaking so we don't do that.  You were probably looking for LG responses, but that's mine. 

• Options
    Yes, the LGs have a different system.  I think that's where Lyn's original question came from.

• Options
    Yep, that's right. We decided that the conversation I saw on Facebook was for the windows that have the clips that can break while traveling. Mine are not like that so I don't have to be concerned.
  • Options
    geromogeromo Member Posts: 33
    it might be easier to say--extended or retracted rather that up or down.