Options

Air Conditioner Condensate Not Draining

I have a floor mounted AC unit.  The drain pan beneath the AC has a drain hole.  I have noticed that when at a campsite with the trailer level the condensation water does not drain from the pan, but I have on noticed the floor next to the AC unit is often wet.  Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
Ray and Vida Barrick
(formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
Toronto ON Canada

Comments

• Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Humm, seems as though either the drain could be clogged or you need to un-level the pan so it will drain towards the drain.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    We had, still have to some extent, a similar problem.  We only experienced the issue of water on the floor when we moved the T@B after using the AC.  We have found the problem is a combination of the pan design, it holds water because the drain is not the lowest point in the pan due to lip around it, and the AC not sloping as intended by the manufacturer when installed.  Extra holes drilled in the right places within the AC unit itself addresses the later per the factory.  This was done under warranty with minor improvement.  As for the former we have yet to fully test our new deeper pan which so far seems to drain much better.  We also plan to add drying the fins behind the air filter after use.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    If I intend to run the air, I make sure the T@B if not quite level, so that the drivers side is a bit lower. This allows it to drain properly while allowing everything else to work correctly as well.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Chris_and_SarahChris_and_Sarah Member Posts: 52
    I've been having a drainage problem too but I've got the high up air conditioner.  Someone said that the drain hose was behind the mirror, but I removed the mirror of my 2014 S M@xx and found nothing!  I think I've got a clogged hose but I don't know where to find it.
  • Options
    Chris_and_SarahChris_and_Sarah Member Posts: 52
    Ok....disregard last post :)

I started pulling the mirror off (after removing brackets) and found that it was SUPER DIFFICULT.....the wallpaper was sticking to the mirror and stretching from the wall.  I got it halfway off before I could peek behind the mirror...I couldn't see the hole because the wallpaper was stretched all around it.  After finding no corroborating evidence back on the forum and making the above post, I said "well let me go ahead and remove the mirror all the way so that I can be sure," and then of course I did see the hole once I cut the mirror free of the wallpaper.

I also found the problem.  A wasp got into the pan and its rotting corpse was in the drain hose about 3" below the hole in the pan.  I put a thin piece of wire into the hole and when I brought it up the wasp was stuck to it.  Ick.  Now it drains like a champ.
  • Options
    Check the location of the drain in the pan.  Ours is in the center. 

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    can you see where the drain hole is by removing the mirror?
  • Options
    Ours is the low mounted AC unit.  I had to take the outdoor cover off and use a small mirror to look under the AC unit see the drain location.  

• Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Drain for the upper mounted A/C. See picture.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    In "Sweetlyhome's" post, it mentions: Extra holes drilled in the right places within the AC unit itself addresses the later per the factory.

Does anyone know or how can I find out where the 'right places' are located.  I have a 2017 Q with the A/C on the floor and having the same issues of water on the floor after hooking to TV.  Also, is there a new or replacement pan available from NuCamp?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @tabstel, if you send an email to tech@nucamprv.com, I’m sure he will have the answers to your questions. He is a very intelligent young man and he has the entire factory as his resource. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”