Options

Solar advice

CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
Greetings all.
The invoice for my T@B 320 BD references a 133w solar panel but a check with the nuCamp factory confirms the information that folks on this forum have suggested, namely that the 2021 BD package uses a 105w solar panel (by Sunflare.) The factory also confirmed that the controller used with the package is the Victron 75/10.
Views on how adequate the stock solar panel is vary, but I think I'd like to be able to add a portable, auxiliary solar panel in the 100w range.  I recognize that I will need an upgraded controller to handle the added wattage from an auxiliary panel. On a related issue, I plan to have the dealer install a pair of 6v golf cart batteries for added power storage. While the additional capability may not always be needed, the extra cost for the complete upgrade is relatively modest, and seems worthwhile from a cost:benefit perspective.
My thought was that upgrading to a 20 amp controller should be enough for an auxiliary panel of 100w to be comfortably used in conjunction with the stock 105w panel (205w/12v ~ 17.1 amps). Combined with a pair of 110 ah/6v storage batteries, I would then have a reasonably competent boondocking package. I'm a newbie to the solar power world however, so would like to ask for some feedback on the above from the wiser and more experienced on this forum.
2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country

Comments