Options

New Owners Need Help: Speakers and CO/Propane Monitor Issues

PattyGPattyG Member Posts: 2
We recently purchased a 2019 Tab 400 in Virginia and are excited to start using it.   We were very fortunate, after doing a lot of research and deciding we wanted a NuCamp Tab 400, to find one that had just been turned in on trade at a RV dealer about 2 hours from us.  (They had only had it a day before we bought it.)  
Unfortunately; they knew very little about it.   We have learned everything to date by reading and watching everything we can find about it online as well as reading the documentation that was left in it even though we are not sure we have all that may have been provided when it was new.  

We have two issues at this point that we can't resolve...

1. The speakers will not play from the Jensen stereo. After selecting FM in Modes, I can see that the Zones are on and have volume set (even though the turn knob doesn't seem to change the volume level number on the display) but the sound does not come out of the speakers.   We recall it working at the dealer but did not ask for more details about it. (How hard could it be to work a radio? :)   I downloaded the Jenson remote app and I can connect via bluetooth, I can change to FM but still no sound; I can use a radio app like Pandora and the Jensen displays the song playing but still no sound from the speakers.   I was able to get a DVD to play but the sound was only from the TV.   Is there something about the speaker connection we should know?

2. When turning on the 12v power for the first time; our CO/propane alarm went into default and it is beeping every 30 seconds with red and green flashing lights.  It is NOT just the alarm sensing CO/gas; we verified that the propane was off and we ventilated well.  We pressed the reset but it didn't do anything.  We changed the fuse but it did not resolve the "fault", and checked the install date (as we read that they "end of life" after 7 years) and it was April, 2016.  Is there any other troubleshooting before having to replace it?

I have tried reaching out earlier this week to two of the closest NuCamp dealers but not heard back from anyone so was hoping you may be able to assist.  I also sent an email to NuCamp but understandably they are closed until after the weekend.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.   Happy New Year!

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited December 2020
    #2: Charge your batteries, ASAP. If your batteries are low, the CO detector will beep. Plug the trailer in and leave it that way for at least a day. Get a battery monitor of some sort, you’ll want it, the panel with capacity lights for tanks and battery is notoriously inaccurate.

And if storing the trailer, always turn the battery disconnect to OFF. The various parasitic draws on the trailer  will drain your batteries surprisingly quickly.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    RE: the speaker issues.
    You may want to try reseting the head unit. There is a small hole below the volume knob. Insert a paperclip into the hole while the stereo is on. You should hear a slight pop and the stereo will go dark for a second then come back on. 

Simple things but just to be sure...make sure you don't have your Mute engaged, fader and balance are 50/50, voume at least at mid-range. 

FYI, it's possible that the "Zones" shown are actually wired together so that all speakers are in Zone A. Mine is. Fact is, a T@B just isn't big enough to warrant wiring for multiple zones. But you can change the Fader to front speakers if your sitting around the table or back speakers if you're watching TV while in the bunk. 

Food for thought....

2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    I would agree with @AirBoss on the speakers. My 400 has the same radio and has 3 zones for output and all my speakers are wired into zone A. The others are not wired to anything but are there I presume if you wanted to run wires to outside etc. So when I get no sound I make sure volume is up and I am on zone A. This radio is a bit wonky but if it fails the factory folks are helpful (they have swapped mine for new one after it quit playing discs). Good luck with your new rig.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    PattyGPattyG Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all your help; we resolved both issues!