Options

leak near mixing valve

madtroutmadtrout Member Posts: 56
So another quality control issue on our 2021 TAB400. While winterizing the TAB I noticed a leak at the pex crimp on the right hand side of the mixing valve. Does anyone know whether the union connecting the mixing valve can be removed to make removal of the pex clamp easier, rather than trying to bend the pipe out of the way? Thanks
2021 T@B400 Boondock
2008 Toyota Tacoma
Silver Spring, Maryland

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You can always get answers at tech@nucamprv.com. Other comments can be sent to customercares@nucamprv.com.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Are you sure it’s the pet crimp? Mine, and at least one other here on the forum had a leak from the bleed screw ON the mixing valve. Made it look as though the pez was leaking, but in fact not. Replacing the o ring or tightening the bleeder screw should stop the leak(unless it is the pex crimp).
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2021
    @madtrout, here's a link to a discussion about what @4ncar is referring to:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/91346#Comment_91346
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    It's definitely the crimp. I sent a video of the leak to the warranty department and they agreed. Here is their message: 

Mark, 

It looks like the water line isn’t seated all the way on the connection where the leak is coming from. You may be able to remove that hose clamp, push the line farther up on the connection and add a new clamp. Do you have a these fittings on hand? 

​We can also assist a Dealer or Service Center to perform the repair. Please advice. 

Thank you,

Emily Miller
    2021 T@B400 Boondock
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Spring, Maryland
  • Options
    Update on the leak. The dealer replaced the crimp fitting and also re wrapped the connection to the mixing valve with teflon tape. Seems like I had two leaks for the price of one.
    2021 T@B400 Boondock
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Spring, Maryland