Options

Pitched axle and Thermarest Tent

Will a Thermarest tent work with on a tab with a pitched axle?
Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
2016 T@B Q ~ 
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I doubt it.  Paha Que has a separate tent for the Outback model.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    That's what I thought.  But now I must confess...my 'ingenuitive side' must see if it is possible to make it work!  I went ahead and snagged one on Ebay.  Also, I have put the cart ahead of the horse a bit...as we don't pick up our Tab until July.  Thanks for your input and confirmation of size differences. I will let you know how this goes; worse case scenario I will have a Thermarest for sale later this summer!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    You can get one for the Outback models/pitched axle made by Paha Que from the Teardrop Shop, and I believe cheaper than what they are selling the Thermarest tents for on eBay - although sounds like it's too late for you,.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    It looks like the Pahaque tents via the Teardrop Shop run around $795.00, a bit higher then this Ebay purchase, but in the same range none the less.  I figure we will see what may or may not be possible when we have all the components on hand!  We put in the request for the pitched axle via our dealer in May; there is always a chance we could still end up with the standard axle if the change order didn't make it in time.  If it just won't do...we will sell and go back to the logical choice as states by Jenn; an Outback specific from Pahaque.  Thanks again for your ideas...I'll let you know how it all turns out!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    wGood news! Incase anyone is wondering...the Thermarest Tent WILL work with the pitched axle! 
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    Also...please let me know if my pictures are too big...I tried resizing them, but they still seem large. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wow - Makes the T@B look dinky.
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Looks great so glad it worked out and you didn't have to purchase and wait for another tent.
  • Options
    Awesome! So glad it worked out!

• Options
    PXLated..it does in these quick phone snapshot pics! I haven't honed my photography skills lately.  I do admire your shots in various posts. Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~