Options

Winterizing Alde System When No Freeze Likely

I have a 2019 T@B 320. I’m done camping until May/June. My camper is stored in my indoor garage where the temperature rarely goes below about 48 degrees. Can someone please educate me on what type of “winterizing’ if any I need to do on my Alde system where there is no chance of freezing. 
Thx
Kim

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    As long as you are absolutely sure the garage never gets to 32°F—as in, the outside temp doesn’t get that low or you have a thermometer out there that you monitor regularly, because even an insulated garage can get quite cold if unheated—I’d just dump the water from the system, including raising the yellow handle of the pressure valve by the Alde. That valve empties the 2 gallon water jacket around the Alde, and should be part of your routine anyway for emptying the water system after every trip for sanitary reasons, since any water left in the system can grow bacteria.

No real reason to do anything else. Should you ever use RV antifreeze for the water line winterizing, never let it get into the Alde. Always use the built in plumbing bypass.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    kimmerfnpkimmerfnp Member Posts: 19
    I did dump water from system with yellow valve. I do that after every trip. I have thermometer in garage so I monitor regularly. Thx so much. I’m still pretty new to this!,
    Kim