Options

Mid-model year change - New sink style in the 2021 T@b 400

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited January 2021 in Products and Accessories
Has anyone purchased or seen a T@b 400 in person that are shipping with the new sink with the off-center faucet? I noticed a lot of these are showing up online in units currently for sale. What are your thoughts compared to the old sink? I kind of dig the new look.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2021
    Interesting - will see what ours comes with when it arrives in a couple months.  The offset may provide more room for taller items, but at the same time I wonder if it might splash more being on that end?  Wonder why they did that - would be interesting to see if maybe the plumbing moved to a more efficient spot underneath too.  From comparing to the old sink (attaching photo here) it looks like the new one might might have a smidge more overall volume and the drain also moved to the back right 'corner'.

Edit: second look - the hinges definitely look smaller on the new one, and the cover looks more transparent now..

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I wonder if it has to do with parts availability? I know parts supply has been a challenge for all manufacturers.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @Verna - do you happen to know if the new sinks they're using in the 400s are due to parts availability or if they will be using the newer sink model permanently? Ours is due for delivery in late March so I am hoping ours will have the different model Dometic sink.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @rhyno, this is the first I’ve heard of it. Your dealer may be able to find out about which sink you will have. Ask, as there’s only two answers—yes or no. 

But, with mid-year changes, they just use up all the old models and then start using the new.

For instance, I was able to get the last two Zamp 100 watt solar panels on my former 2019 T@B 400 as they changed vendors mid-year. Luck of the draw for me😉
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I emailed nuCamp and they said the standard sink model is back in use. They are different sizes and ours will ship with the standard sink.