A_I Power SC2300 generator/inverter

Anyone have experience with this one? Good price at Costco at the moment:  https://www.costco.com/a-ipower-powered-by-yamaha-inverter-generator.product.100653776.html
2021 TAB 320S  Boondock

Comments

• ytram1958ytram1958 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2021
    I have an  a-ipower 2000 watt. Very happy with it. Not the Costco version, same manufacturer. Very good price for the sc 2300i Yamaha
    2017 Tab 320s Outback, Towed by a 2017 Jeep Jku, Live in Prescott, Arizona
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    No experience, but despite this almost appearing to be a Yamaha generator, it is actually a knock off painted Yamaha blue with a Yamaha engine. It may be fine, but it is not same as a Yamaha built generator.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • jcrystaljcrystal Member Posts: 32
    How do you know it is not genuine? The description from Costco certainly claims it is....
    2021 TAB 320S  Boondock
  • ytram1958ytram1958 Member Posts: 20
    It is not a Yamaha manufactured generator, it just has a Yamaha engine. I would not hesitate to buy this unit from Costco. You will not be disappointed. 
    2017 Tab 320s Outback, Towed by a 2017 Jeep Jku, Live in Prescott, Arizona
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @jcrystal it has a real Yamaha engine the rest is not Yamaha the same as if it was 💯 a Yamaha built generator. It might be perfectly fine, but the manufacturer misleads on purpose IMO including the color so that you think you are getting a genuine Yamaha generator at a killer price, what you get is only a partial Yamaha product. Is it good? I don't know, but it is misleading! The key is a different name and the "powered by Yamaha", but lots of folks think it is 💯 Yamaha which is false.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite