Step stabilizer is cheap and makes a huge difference!
JPRoland
Member Posts: 116
Even with four stabilizers and the tongue wheel on the ground the trailer rocks a bit and the step gives a little when I step in or out. I purchased a step stabilizer on Amazon and snugged it up under the step and it makes a big difference in a real good way. On our last bumpy trip the nuts/bolts that hold the step mechanism vibrated loose and the step gave way when I was stepping in. Having the step stabilizer or brace makes it safe and solid. Such a cheap, big improvement!
1
Comments
-
Please send link to product or pic.
2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas1 -
I bought one like this, but it was too short. So, I ordered another one and just stacked them. It doesn't hold your step up, it just supports it:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Stabilizes-Movement-Protects-43691/dp/B0024E6ZW2/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=rv+step+stabilizer&qid=1611163557&sr=8-8
0 -
Very cool. Thank you for the link!
2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas0 -
I hated the step and it was one of the first things that I pulled off the trailer. I use a portable step instead.
San Francisco Bay Area | 2013 CS-S us@gi | 2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 24 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 419 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information

