Options

Has anyone ever removed the Yakima Rack and rails

from the back of the tab 320s
It is pretty much unusable for me and I am thinking about removing it and putting this rack on my truck
I have a wrap to go on the back side. My idea is to remove the rack, fill holes ( what is appropriate filler) and then install the wrap
many thanks

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    The problem we found @Tabnero was that the lower landing pad from the factory install is bolted through the roof. We discovered this when we went to move it to another location along the track. You'll need to do some serious work from inside the trailer to remove it and take the tracks off. We usually use the towers and crossbar on our truck to carry boats. The tracks and landing pads are permanent decoration on our T@B. 

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 221
    edited January 2021
    @CrabTab, that is what I was wondering. I can see the odd shaped covers in the back cabinets where that bolt must be.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,354
    If you remove the Jensen speakers, you should see a bolt with nut at the far end of the cabinet.  I believe this is the bottom bolt holding the Yakima rack to the trailer.  This is based on the hole I drilled just up from the bottom bracket when I wired my backup camera to that rack.  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.