Options

Coleman Screen Dome shelter

Has anyone tried to use these with the TAB320? I am guessing it may be possible to modify one side to slide into keder rail, which would then provide a great, inexpensive addition:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coleman-12-ft-x-12-ft-Mountain-View-Screendome-Shelter-2000024748/300113639
2021 TAB 320S  Boondock

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The one obstacle to overcome would be the fact that the sides of the shelter are not straight up and down, and they would not attach to the Keder rail correctly. 

You would need to add a piece of fabric with Keder rail track on the one edge, have some slack on the material to be able to adjust to different angles of terrain next to the T@B. 

There’s the initial expense of the Coleman, the new fabric, Keder rail, nylon thread for a sewing machine and time.  You will need to figure out if the work is worth it to you. 

As an alternative, look at the AllPro Adventures website and look at the different models of tents they have for sale. 

Amazon has this https://smile.amazon.com/Hasika-Waterproof-Resistant-Multifunction-Traveling/dp/B00ZKYSCOM/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=hasika+awning&qid=1611684137&sprefix=hasika&sr=8-15

I have one, intending to use suction cups to attach to the T@B. I haven’t done it, so I can’t answer how I will do it. I could also attach Keder rail insert to one side to make it easier to install. 

Just some food for thought....

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Besides Verna’s comments, one concern I’d have is that not all sites will accommodate the Tab + another 12 feet in width. And I don’t necessarily mean the type of place where you’re packed in like sardines...I‘ve been in gorgeous parks with a huge site, but the drop off between the parking area and the provided picnic table was surprisingly sharp. Depending on where and how you camp, I could see its use while attached to the Tab potentially being limited. On the other hand, in such places, you’d likely be able to set it up as a standalone shelter.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
    edited January 2021
    the products made for the Nucamps are grossly over priced, there just is not the number of hours to fabricate these to justify the asking prices.

this can be setup beside, behind or in front of most camp sites or anywhere,

I bought this one as stand alone for $190

2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk