Options

2021 T@B 400 Boondock undercarriage

Hi Folks, the 2021 tab400 Boondock has a corrugated plastic covering.  Has anyone had problems with getting damaged by road debris or rodents?  Has anyone upgraded that covering with something more substantial?  If so what did you use.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    2 years and about 20,000 miles towing a T@B 400 with the coroplast-type material, and another 2 years with about 24,000 miles towing a 2014 T@B S Max with the coroplast-type material added a year after I bought this T@B, and no problems. It works for me. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    GravensGravens Member Posts: 15
    Do you drive a lot of gravel roads?  Not sure if I will be driving a lot of gravel roads but would love to know it will be fine.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Gravens, I remember one 40 mile gravel road in Canada.....there were a number of gravel Forest service roads in the PNW. Not every day, but I slow down and take what is ahead of me. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Going on 4 years, 5 months.  That stuff is pretty bullet-proof.  Never heard of rodents using it to supplement their diet.  However, there are a lot of openings between it and the frame where they can get in.  Easy enough to seal those.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Coroplast is pretty tuff stuff.  If you hit something that damages the Coroplast you will probably have more serious problems than damage to the Coroplast.  I seriously doubt you will damage it (other than cosmetic damage) by driving on a gravel road.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Our TaB400 has gone down gravel roads, dirt roads and no damage to the bottom cover.  However, we did collect a bit of fine dust from desert areas on top the coroplast cover, which worked its way into the trailer from on top the water tank and into the trailer through the hole in the floor over the water tank, where the water lines pass through. This hole is large enough for a mouse to enter also.

Our TaB is a 2018, without the Nautilus system.  With the Nautilus, not sure where the water tanks fill and pump lines enter the trailer.  Worth tracing the lines and see if they come through the floor at some point.  Ours was under the wardrobe locker, easy to access.  On a 2021, this would be behind the ope cubby under the wardrobe locker/3-way fridge option area.

Black area in red circle/arrow is open to the top of the water tank which sits about 1-inch below the bottom of the floor.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    GravensGravens Member Posts: 15
    Thank You all.  This was very helpful!