Options

New rugs for T@B

Okay, I realize this is a bit on the "Glampy" side, but my wife likes a little luxury. She wasn't keen on the idea of camping, but I have tricked her into loving it by  making our 320S Boondock into a nice little hotel room. If she's happy, we camp more. So, I knew she wasn't blown a way by the cheap floor mats I bought because they didn't fit quite right, the edges curled up and they were poor quality. I found a company on the internet called The Perfect Rug Company and they let you custom choose the material, the exact size, the type and color of edging, the type of backing, etc. They'll even send you samples! So, my wife chose the materials and I took the measurements, and I paid a lot more than I did for the cheap rugs. After waiting several weeks, my two floor rugs arrived today and my wife LOVES them! They fit perfect and they are heavy and have a great backing material. Excellent craftsmanship and quality. I know why they call it The Perfect Rug Company...it's perfect! I took some photos:

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Nice, @JPRoland.  And now, you're "The Perfect Husband!"
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    I wouldn't go that far. But, I do cook and I have also mastered the lost male art of putting the toilet seat down when finished,,,so that's something. 
  • Options
    BclarkeBclarke Member Posts: 110
    Wow... you and I are going about this the same way!  I love the idea to think of this as a cute little hotel room.  My wife isn’t sure what to think yet. I am heading over to look at the rugs now!  For the bed I ordered a mattress topper from The Futon Shop in CA .. it came yesterday and testing it on the living room floor it is heaven.  I will move it to the Tab this weekend.  It is 100% wool with a cotton cover .. all organic.  Bed? Check .. Rugs?  On it!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @JPRoland May I ask what measurements you used?   I went to the site.. so many options!   What did you settle on?
  • Options
    I like your matress topper idea. I bought two beautiful pieces of foam and had custom sheets made and it was definitely an improvement, but I was constantly rolling them up and putting them in bags and stowing them in the SUV. It was a bit of a hassle. I want to travel lighter and easier. I ended up taking apart each cushion and cutting and stuffing the topper into each one. I am very happy and I didn't waste any good foam. If you get tired of lugging the topper(s) around, that may be an alternative. Here is my rug order from theperfectrug.com so you can see my measurements and actual costs. I realize it isn't cheap, but I knew she'd love it and I considered it a special treat:

1 x Lake Point / Navy and Serged Border Oatmeal - 4' 8" x 1' 7" rectangle
    Price: $151.98

1 x Latex Backing - 4' 8" x 1' 7" 
    Price: $27.71

1 x Lake Point / Navy and Serged Border Oatmeal - 2' 0" x 1' 6" rectangle
    Price: $71.33

1 x Latex Backing - 2' 0" x 1' 6" 
    Price: $11.25

• Options
    If these thick, high-quality rugs ever wear out...you know, ten or twenty years from now...I may inquire about making a rug that fits the floor perfectly all in one piece. Hmmm...I bet they could.
  • Options
    @JPRoland Thank you much!  And I get they do.. I will ask.  HA!
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Beautiful! I like having the little one at the door separate. It makes it easy to shake out if you track in stuff. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    I bought some Home Depot indoor/outdoor carpeting and had a carpet laying friend cut it to fit.  Doesn't look near as nice as this, but man it is a custom fit.  Maybe you can make a template out of PolyWall, roll it up and send it to them in a mailing tube.  I do like the two piece idea because most of the dirt winds up near the door.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    Butcher paper would be even better to work with.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    @JPRoland we placed our order and are eagerly awaiting arrival.  I ordered one piece that fits between the seats and the other that runs from the door to the bath.  Will let you know how they turned out.  Thanks for the idea and information! 
  • Options
    I'll know you are going to love it. I like your layout idea. It may take a few weeks, but it will be worth it! Put up some photos.