Options

Wireless Dual Camera Backup System

TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
edited March 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
I know others have posted pictures of their cameras.  Here is mine.

Purchased this setup from Amazon for $109 then a $30 coupon taking it to $79

LeeKooLuu F09 5 Inch HD 1080P Wireless Backup Camera 5'' Monitor Stable Digital Signals for Trucks,Campers,Cars,SUVs,Minivans Two Video Channels Rear View Camera System Super Night Vision

It came with one license plate camera.

When I got the system, there was an email address to receive a second camera for free.

You could get a different license plate camera or a square RV camera, that didn't seem like it would work on a T@B.

Here is the free one

I had a previous wired camera system  on my truck, so I just tapped into the existing power on the reverse light for the camera and taped the antenna to the back of the plate.

For the T@B, I pulled the license plate off, drilled a small hole thru the plastic behind the plate and pushed the wire inside.  I cut a square out of the silver insulated foam core and fished out the license plate lamp wires and attached the camera lines to them.

After I tested the camera, I sealed up the foam core with aluminum duct tape, and plugged the hole around the wire with some non drying electrical putty.

Here's some pictures of the finished job.

Back of truck

Back of T@B

Split screen view

I'm really impressed with the quality of the video.  It's much better in person.

Sorry about all of the underlined sentences.  Can't find a way to turn them off.

UPDATE: Thanks to MuttonChops reply, I got the underlines turned off!
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592

Sorry about all of the underlined sentences.  Can't find a way to turn them off.

Use the "Toggle HTML view" button . . . " </> " on toolbar above the text input window.
    “<div> <u> Sorry about all of the underlined sentences.&nbsp; Can't find a way to turn them off.</u> </div>” 

<u> starts underline, 
    </u> stops underline. 
    Since all your text is underlined expect at some point you have one more <u> than </u> as they must be used in pairs together to achieve correct text format.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    @MuttonChops - thanks for this. The display looks terrific and the system seems like it will work for me as well. I could only find a $20 discount coupon, but that still seems like a good deal.
    A question about the extra camera: I don't see a mention of this on the site - does the offer come only after you've placed the order?
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554

Use the "Toggle HTML view" button . . . " </> " on toolbar above the text input window.
    “<div> <u> Sorry about all of the underlined sentences.&nbsp; Can't find a way to turn them off.</u> </div>” 

<u> starts underline, 
    </u> stops underline. 
    Since all your text is underlined expect at some point you have one more <u> than </u> as they must be used in pairs together to achieve correct text format.

Thanks, was driving me crazy.  Last time I was able to just click on that icon and tell it not to be HTML without seeing all the "good stuff".
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    CharlieRN said:
    @MuttonChops - thanks for this. The display looks terrific and the system seems like it will work for me as well.  . . . .
    CharlieRN your question is for @Tampakayaker the "OP" [original poster]

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+