Options

Stereo Power off?

Just picked up my T@B Outback and when going over everything in preparation for our first trip I noticed the stereo/AV system standby mode seems to always be on even when I have no power on. I assume that is just running off the battery but should I be concerned that this is draining the battery during longer storage times? Is there a master switch I am missing?

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited June 2015
    There is not master switch, it does use power and the blue screen is always on. 

There is a way to tone down the blue light through the settings of the Jenson.  I don't recall exactly how, but they are in your instructions.

I, and others, have added a master switch to turn the entire system off and save power.  Mine is a simple toggle switch wired into the power going into the system.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, it will be using your battery power when stored. Do a search for battery cut-off switches--upper right if this page because there ha been many discussions about this. A number of owners have installed them. As a simple measure, you could remove the 30 amp fuse located at the battery on the positive side. But don't forget to reinstall the fuse when taking off for a trip or when charging. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JacobyOJacobyO Member Posts: 35
    Love the switch. I will be installing immediately. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Note that a master switch should be rated for at least 30 amps as that is the maximum draw for the 12 volt system. The are lots to choose from but I like the marine grade battery switches as they are over engineered and designed to be trouble fee for years of service. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    GlennBeckGlennBeck Member Posts: 71
    I have a 2016 T@BMaxx-CS and there are BRIGHT/DIM switched left of the display screen, but the unit is always drawing power as can be seen by the time display.
    Glenn & Annie
    2016 T@B CS-S Max Black on Silver
    2013 Toyota Tacoma V6