Options

co2/propane alarm

I have my 2018 T@B 400 parked beside my house and plugged in.  What would cause the alarm to go off on the co2/propane alarm by the fuse panel? No propane on and was not running anything on board. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    My propane detector in my brand new 2021 400 went off daily - and turned out to be a defective detector. If your battery is charged (you said you're plugged in, so I'm guessing it is) I'd bet your propane detector has just given up working correctly and needs to be replaced. It's easy to do.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Probably defective alarm. They are supposed to have a life of five to 10 years and all made since 2009 are required by UL to have an end of life warning. In my experience, they tend to not go the distance, so I would replace and see if issue goes away.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @plrock55, you did not indicate which model detector you have, but take a look at the User Manual, which you should be able to find online if you do not have a copy.  SInce you have power to the detector, the alarm sound you are hearing (e.g., constant or intermittent) will help with diagnosing the issue.  A battery that is not producing enough voltage could be the issue, but since you have the trailer plugged in that would not seem to be the cause.  Regardless, review the sections of the manual that discuss power, alarms and/or troubleshooting.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    plrock55plrock55 Member Posts: 15
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2021
    Could be the "end of life" alarm.

Ours was beeping inexplicably, and it turned out the date of manufacture of the unit was a year earlier than our Tab. The detector will not continue working after its EOL. The date of manufacture is on the device, as well as the expiration date, I believe.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya