Kitchen windows rubbing strips and sidewall

SgtYorkSgtYork Member Posts: 31
edited March 2021 in Factory Comments

We took the 2021 TAB 400 out for the first time Tuesday and noticed the side window was messing up the black decal and making marks on the sidewall. Attached is the picture I took of it. Looks like latch is adjusted all the way out.

Comments

• jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I relocated some of my latches, they weren't positioned well.

Also, my 2019 400 has clear plastic decals at the corners of the front and rear windows to prevent such damage. Due to the pressure of the window corners on the decals they moved and became deformed. nuCamp service replaced the decals for me and within 9 months the decals were again deformed and moving. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • SgtYorkSgtYork Member Posts: 31
    Unfortunly my latches are adjusted all the way out as you can see by the picture. And my 2021 did not come with  clear plastic decals at the corners. Strange NuCamp did not relpy to my email about it.

Got an email from NuCamp in response to my window problem. They wrote:

By opening the window all the way, it will allow you to slide it to the left and right for a slight adjustment. I would try this and see if it will help. We can also provide clear corner decals to help with the rubbing. These will get installed on the sidewall beneath each corner of the window. You can do this yourself or have a dealer of ours perform the repair. We have a dealer located in Nashville

I'm going to try the side to side fix first. 

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    You could remount the latch strike plate to give more adjustability.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Denny16 said:
    You could remount the latch strike plate to give more adjustability.  
    Cheers
    Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. No leaks in the kitchen and window not hitting sidewall any more.