Options

Looking at a 2021 Subaru Outback XT to tow 320S Boondock. Yes? No?

andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
We need a second tow vehicle. We have a Honda Passport for our main TV but found there will be times when it won't be available. Wife's daily driver; wife has non-camping plans.....  So rather than risking marital dust-ups, I thought it may be better---and cheaper---to get another tow vehicle. I currently have a 2-door Jeep Rubicon which sadly learned isn't adequate to tow our BD, thanks to comments on this forum.

After looking around, I've pretty much settled on a new Subaru Outback XT with a towing capacity of 3,500 and it's fun to drive as a daily driver.
Before I jump into the purchase, I thought I'd seek advice here.
And @VictoriaP, I saw you had posted you don't love the XT. Curious as to why?
Thanks in advance.
2021 320 S Boondock
Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
Des Moines, IOWA!

Comments

• Options
    charlottenewbiescharlottenewbies Member Posts: 16
    Our TV is a 2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT.  We're towing our 320S Boondock, and simply love it.   The car itself is an absolute pleasure to drive, with more safety features, bells and whistles than we fully comprehend yet.  We've had no issues towing with the Subaru, and the turbo is awesome !  The one issue we did have relates to the "Rear Automatic Braking", or RAB, alarming and auto braking while backing up.   These alarms must be turned off when backing up the Subie.  Once you put the car in revers and the rear camera appear, you will two small "RAB" signs lit up at the bottom.  Simply pushing them will not turn them off.  You will need to push and hold until it beeps and turns of the RAB system.   Once this was done, no other issues.  Safe travels !
    Charlotte, NC    NuCamp 320S Boondock
  • Options
    Just what I wanted to hear! Thank you. Oh those pesky alarms!!
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    NHCraigNHCraig Member Posts: 26
    Don't know if you want to wait, but I read that the 2022 XT's (coming out later this year) will have a tow capacity of 4,400 lbs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the news. Interesting and tempting but camping season is coming to the midwest and I want to be ready. Plus! I’m too impulsive and lack patience if the truth be known. :)
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!