Options

Spare Tire

MarkMark Member Posts: 11

New to the forum and looks like I mucked up my first message.  The wife and I picked up our T@b last wed. June 24th.  Went camping up in central PA.  Had a great time and were glad we were not in a tent Saturday when the rain moved in.  Lots of rain and non-stop.  I have a question on the spare tire.  We saw it hanging to low under the T@b, so last night when I got home, I removed it and the mount.  What are other people doing? 

Comments

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited June 2015
    There are some good recent threads on the subject not too far back.  Options include, inside stored in a plastic bag under the seats, adding a mount to the tongue (what I did) or carry it in the TV. There is also the costly and time consuming project where it is placed on a rack Outback style on the back of the T@B.  I must admit it does look cool up there.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There have been two different ways it's been mounted on the tongue - on the side like most boat trailers or sideways behind the jack. Look for those discussions Rad mentioned.
  • Options

There have been two different ways it's been mounted on the tongue - on the side like most boat trailers or sideways behind the jack. Look for those discussions Rad mentioned.

PXLated, thanks for the quick reply. When you say sideways behind the jack, I'm asking myself "what jack"?

Rad, thanks and I'm doing a search.

• Options
    Ahh haaa, read on and one will find the answer to their question.  Please for give my stupidity PXLated. I now know the jack you are referring to.   
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Mark said:

PXLated, thanks for the quick reply. When you say sideways behind the jack, I'm asking myself "what jack"?

Rad, thanks and I'm doing a search.

The "jack" is what the front wheel and crank assembly on the tongue of the trailer is called. 
  • Options
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard Mark.  Where in central PA were you camped?

I have been recently storing the spare on the roof of my tow vehicle, however the solution of attaching it via a mount to the tongue jack is the one that will work best for me.  Storing it under the T@B puts it too low for my own driveway.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I remember looking at where the tire is designed to go and thinking - Right, every flat I've ever had was changed in either rain, snow, sleet or hail. Can't image trying to get that off in those conditions as traffic's streaming past. Headed to a marine store and got a tire mount.