Options

Isotherm cruise temp setting

Our Cruise 65 frig was set to 0 when we took delivery. What should it be set to and does it need much adjusting depending on the outside temp? 
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Get a fridge thermometer and put the fridge at 3 or 4 and see what temp,it gets down to.  You want the fridge at 34-40F.  You may need to adjust this a bit in warmer weather or if the fridge has lots of food in it.  Use the thermometer to get the right setting for your situation.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Denny16 said:
    Get a fridge thermometer and put the fridge at 3 or 4 and see what temp,it gets down to.  You want the fridge at 34-40F.  You may need to adjust this a bit in warmer weather or if the fridge has lots of food in it.  Use the thermometer to get the right setting for your situation.
    cheers

Yes to this. If you do @rhyno, could you please post measured results? There are a lot of subjective comments on refrigerator performance in the forum. They can be misleading and sooner or later someone, somewhere will get sick from refrigerator that can't sustainably cool food at or below 41 degrees. When it's 95 degrees in the trailer, a 63 degree beer from the frig feels kind of cold.

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 189
    Shakedown cruise with our ‘21 320s. I started with the Isotherm on 3 or 4, but the fridge thermometer showed below freezing temps. I finally settled on about 1.5 and the fridge held around 35-38 for 3 days of camping. Daytime temps were mid-50s, night temps upper 20s. 

I think a fridge thermometer is a must as I learn this new fridge and summertime temps arrive. It doesn’t take any space and could prevent unwanted consequences!
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I had mine set to 3 on our first long trip (2 Weeks) and after about 4 days we noticed frost on the vegetables.  turned it down to 1 for the rest of the trip and everything was fine.  freezer was loaded for the 10 days or so and everything stayed frozen.  We were in desert temps in the 60-low 70 and heater set to upper 60's at night.
    Sorry we do not have accurate temps but plan on getting a thermometer for the future.  We spent 5 days boondocking and the fridge worked great never went below 12.7 volts partly cloudy conditions.  
    Tab 400 2021
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    We keep our compressor 2-way fridge, (not the Cruise model) at 3 to 4 in summer 80F temps, keeps in the 35-40 range.  Our home fridge is set to 40F, which is the recommended setting.  Any colder and vegetables get frost bite!
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    We set our Cruise 65 at 3 and the frig settled out around 37F with the outside in the 50s.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO