Options

Trip to Deep Creek Lake.

CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
This weekend we took our inaugural trip in the T@B. Very hastily done (no real plan, and last minute) and only one night. I had reason to go to Western Maryland, so we figured what the heck, let's T@B it for the night!

We stayed at Deep Creek Lake State Park, which has just opened back up from the cold winter.30 bucks for a site with electric. Access was good. We had the dog, and not all loops in that campground allow dogs. We set up in the Browning loop which is cozy. The pad was generally level, although it had that teeny tiny sharp rock as the pad material, and that stuff gets all over the place. Electric was fine. Water was filled at the gate on the way in (very convenient). I did notice something odd about my new Camco water hose. It has two male ends! Clearly a defect and a quick exchange from Amazon ought to rectify that.

Anyhow, we set up camp. then took off for nearby Swallow Falls State Park for a nice walk and some sight seeing. On return I attached the tent. The wife, dog, and one kid slept in that until sometime when they decided it was too cold in the middle of the night. Now why would I sleep inside with one kid, and her outside with another? I have no idea. It wasn't my idea and I don't ask questions of my wife if it involves a higher level of comfort for moi.

I admit to watching a bit of TV after the rest had laid down. I have this Leaf Antenna I wanted to try out. Not much but PBS way out there, but I love PBS. Anyhow, I slept like a dream, Eventually, all 4 of us and a 60 pound dog were all inside on the bed. I'll call it "cozy".
Steve
Maryland
2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
2005 Honda Pilot

Comments

• Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Love your tent. Your children must be very small. You're a cool dad. You must be a patient dad. 
    Our vet suggested we take skunk wash for the dog, in case she bumps into a skunk.
    I showed the vet a pic of T@B and that is when he had some idea of how close every body will be in the T@B. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Steve -- Being spontaneous is a GIFT!!!  I'm glad you got T@BOO out where she (he) belongs -- very nice first trip for you and your family.  I just realized that this Forum is like reading a good book that you don't want to put down, full of short stories, adventures, warm and fuzzy moments, and knowledge shared.  Thanks everyone for contributing.

=D>
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Where's the "like" button, Wanderoo? I agree.,. I keep hitting "refresh" hoping for more t@b t@les!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful.