Options

Will a Jack It Bike Rack Fit on a Trailer With Surge Brakes?

CybergerCyberger Member Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in Products and Accessories
After researching bike racks for my T@B trailer (T@B by Little Guy 2012 Max QuickStart), I’d settled on the Lippert brand ‘Jack It,’ however I discovered on the ‘All Pro Adventures’ website that trailers with the surge brake assembly will interfere with the racks bottom 3 hole center hole mounting plate. Anyone out there have any experience with this? If so, what type of rack did you go with as an alternative?  PS - if someone has a DETACHED jack-it currently and could provide a simple tracing of just the mounting plate, I’d be super grateful! Thank you!

Cyberger   Photos too large and deleted.  Please resize all photos before posting: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/47/what-size-should-my-posted-forum-photos-be#latest

Comments

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited April 2021
    It's hard to tell from your photos, but it looks like there may not be quite enough room. I just finished mounting my Jack It [post edited to add photo] - my controller is mounted on the side of the tongue (not quite visible in the photo but you can see the cord). Even if the mounting is the same, you may be able to get some idea of how much real estate you need.
    Keep in mind that the Jack It needs to be elevated about 1/2" over the trailer tongue so that it clears the bolt heads - you can see this in the photo. I have an [expensive] aluminum spacer plate on mine but there are other less costly solutions.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country