Options

have to reset password EVERY TIME

DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
edited April 2021 in Help - Computer & System
A question for you knowledgable folk... do you have to reset your password here every time you come back to the forum?

I've got a good password manager, and Apple Keychain working... yet ever time I come back I have to click "forgot" and reset my password. Any thoughts? It's a bit of a nuisance.

...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited April 2021

Here are some things to try:

Always access the Forum via the Vanilla address:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/
    Clear your browser history on your device, then power down your device and restart.
    What browser are you using?   Vanilla has issues with Mozilla Firefox and can at times be wonky with Apple using Safari.  Try Chrome.

One other thing.  Vanilla will send a password reset email.  If you attempt multiple changes, make sure you are transacting the password reset with the correct email.

Try these and let us know what fixed it.  I am suspicious of the password manager not playing nice with Vanilla as I use Apple with Safari and Keychain without issue.

Sharon - Moderator

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Good gosh, your direct link worked right out of the starting gate... Thank you, Sharon.

I'll give the other things you mention a try as well. I'm using Safari primarily to access the site, with rare occasions on IOS.
    ...Doug

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Sorry - I meant Safari (wrote iOS, so edited).  The link to the forum from the nuCamp website is not fully functional.  I’ll let someone with an IT background explain why.  I just know that it is best to use Vanilla.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    periodically I have to redo my password..but it's usually having to sign in after some crazy updates happen...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Thanks again, @Sharon_is_SAM
    I've not had a problem since I switched to your recommended link!

...Doug