Options

Jensen radio spontaneously turns on

We have  2021 400 BD with the Jensen radio JWM 22.  It has been randomly turning itself on.  Unrelated to any other activity going on in the camper or the electrical system. Occurs on shore power and battery power. Suggestions?

Fred
Plymouth, NH
2021 Tab 400 BD "Willow"
2016 Canyon SLT
Plymouth, NH

Comments

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    On our 2016 320 Jensen, I believe there is an alarm function.  Did yours get set/turned on by accident?
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Intervention from the spirit world?  ;-)

Seriously, IIRC this has come up before. I think the solution had to do with deactivating an alarm setting, or something like that. Hopefully someone more in the know will chime in with specific advice or perhaps a link to that old discussion.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    Here is one thread that discusses "sleep timer" settings, etc.  And, ghosts, exorcisms, Gremlins, etc.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    I seem to remember a thread regarding the Jensen tv but not the radio. In the case of the television, it was a sleep timer setting that was unknowingly engaged. Good luck with this. Please post a follow-up on the resolution.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    https://forestriverinc.com/files/Component-Manuals/Audio Visual - Multimedia/Jensen - Radio Model JWM22 Owner's Manual.pdf

Time Display Press the TIME button (7) to alternate between playing time and clock time while in Tuner, USB, BT, HDMI In or auxiliary input mode.
    Time Menu Setup Press & Hold the TIME button (7) to access time menu settings.
    Press the TIME button (7) repeatedly to adjust the following time menu list:
    ALARM (ON/OFF), ALARM SET, SLEEP TIMER and CLOCK SET.
    Use the or buttons (12, 11) to choose a value for each setting.
    Time Settings Adjustment Ÿ ALARM (ON/OFF): To turn the alarm function on or off. Ÿ ALARM SET: The hour and minutes clock digit will flash. Press the button (11) to adjust hour or press the button (12) to adjust minute. Ÿ SLEEP TIMER: Select the sleep time from 0 (OFF), 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. The sleep timer will automatically turn off the JWM22 in designated number of minutes. Ÿ TIME SET: The hour and minutes clock digit will flash. Press the button (11) to adjust hour or press the button (12) to adjust minute.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Fred_KatharinaFred_Katharina Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all for the advice.  The Bluetooth is off and I think the alarm is off but will check again.  Will update once I review the settings again. I have suspected the problem was in the alarm or Bluetooth functions. 
    2021 Tab 400 BD "Willow"
    2016 Canyon SLT
    Plymouth, NH
  • Options
    DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    While the question seems to be settled, we've found our system tends to turn on whenever the phone with bluetooth link comes back into range. Maybe it's a special welcoming feature... Here's your favourite radio station!
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    My Jensen has been doing this since we got it last spring too. Thanks to the instructions above, I've turned off blue tooth, alarm is off, sleep timer is set to 0.  I think I've disabled all there is to turn off so we'll see.  I do have an on/off switch I'm contemplating installing into the power cord but its really not that big a deal that I've been motivated to drill holes, etc.  Here's hoping it stays off!
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    Fred_KatharinaFred_Katharina Member Posts: 3
    Update on the Jensen radio "gremlins".  I have run through the radio settings.  The alarm is off and the Bluetooth.  There have been no spontaneous radio "on" episodes for over 3 weeks.  This has included using Bluetooth in the camper and on solar/battery or shore power.  No sure what worked but so far so good.  Thanks for advice from all.  Will post more if there are any changes.

Fred

2021 Tab 400 BD "Willow"
    2016 Canyon SLT
    Plymouth, NH
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Member Posts: 43
    OK, I’ll admit it I had “ gremlins” also. First, I ruled out my aging mind ( that I had left the radio on ). Then, I wondered about spirits but logic prevailed and I ruled out that one. I thought about posting here or calling Jensen but felt I couldn’t give any pattern to the issue so didn’t. I came up with a theory that allowed me to let go of it .....someone else in the campground had a Jensen remote that was turning it on!

I didn’t know that there were any settings that could cause it and so did nothing to change settings. But as spontaneously as it appeared it has spontaneously disappeared. After having the gremlin visits for a couple of months, I have had none for a couple of months!

Does anyone think that my theory of someone else’s remote turning on my Jensen is plausible?
    2021 TAB 400BD; 2015 Audi Q5
    Boston Northshore
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    I’m coming up on 3 weeks also and the radio has stayed off too. I’m not sure which setting actually stopped it but I like the results.
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner