Air 8 Compressor causing vibration and irritating noise when it cycles on

New 2021 320S B/D - I was familiarizing myself with the systems yesterday before we hit the road for 2021.
There is a definite fairly loud, irritating low rumble or vibration when the air compressor cycles on and continues until it cycles off. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas of what to try that might eliminate it?
Thanks

Comments

  • Sweetb
    Sweetb Member Posts: 5
    We’re on our first trip using the ac and noticed the same thing. We have a 2021 320S with the Elwell Air8. Would also appreciate any feedback on this issue.
  • GabyDoux
    GabyDoux Member Posts: 6
    Also having the same problem.
  • Travelin3D
    Travelin3D Member Posts: 175
    Given the location of the Air8, I think a certain amount of rumble/vibration is to be expected. Once I did the reprogramming to have the fan run continuously, I found it to be less objectionable. Everyone’s sensitivity is different of course so YMMV, but I recommend doing the reprogramming in any case.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Mejane
    Mejane Member Posts: 5
    I read in another post here that some of the vibrating noise was caused by the Compressor vibrating and the dealer fixed it by putting in a shim to stop the rattling. Before I start taking things apart… My question is how do I get to the compressor to insert a shim?