Damaged USB under dinette outlet 400 2019

I have been searching this forum but need help understanding how to approach removing and repairing the dinette outlet on my 2019 400. Was thinking how this one was in a bad spot when my grands were plugging into the USB side and on lowering the table the cable broke the plastic mount.

No screws so assuming a clip but hoping someone who has taken these apart could help so I don’t break stuff. The USB connections still work so may just opt for a second plug and put a 12V/USB on the seat panelnear the Coolcat as I have seen in some other threads.

Thanks for any assistance 

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Call your dealer or one of the other helpful ones (Miller’s in PA or Missouri Teardrop in MO).

Send them a photo and ask for the price from üCamp to drop ship one to you. If you don’t like the price, you can find a similar one on Amazon, or your preferred retailer, and replace it, if this is within your skill set. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    Thanks @Verna and I think I can replace it once I understand how to remove the existing outlet. I don’t have a dealer nearby so can NuCamp parts ship to me?

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @qhumberd, yes nüCamp will ship the parts directly to you, but a dealer will have to order the part. That's what @Verna means by "drop ship". As she said, a phone call to a co-operating dealer can get the arrangements made, and there are several who are known to be very helpful to t@b owners all over the country. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    @qhumberd, I believe you gently pry the cover off of the USB’s and electrical outlet (be very careful not to scratch the wood). There should be a screw between the USB’s and the electrical outlet. Just for safety’s sake, unplug from electrical shore power and turn your battery off while changing the outlets.  Then turn on the battery and shore power on to make sure everything works properly afterwards. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks @Verna I was afraid to start prying until I knew. I am assuming that the USB side of the outlet is powered from the 12V side of the wiring, or is the outlet all 110 and the USB side converts the voltage?

I will probably opt to replace the USB insert with another 110 plug for now and move the USB function to another location later. I have seen variations on this in other threads. Much appreciated

@qhumberd, yes, the USB side is powered by the 12V/battery side, and the 110V side is powered by shore power. Take pictures when you dismantle the outlet so the rest of us can see how to change the USB out. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    I will do. And @Verna thanks for your guidance.