Options

Water System Valves, Update

Capt_KLRCapt_KLR Member Posts: 38
T@B 2016, 320, CS-S.

After dewinterizing water system in my unit, I have what seems to be a very small leak in one of these valves when in open position, seems to have stopped in the closed position. I am hoping this will stop after being used during season.

Does any one know what the brand of the valves used in the water system are, (I would call them ball style valves).

Without any knowledge of these valves as they are, I am assuming they have an O ring between stem and housing.

It does look like they can be serviced, is this possible. Is there a schematic of these valves anywhere on this forum.

Servicing the valve in place would be the simplest, replacement would require new valve, water line and clamps. Would be a pain to try and order this stuff  and replace in the unit.

Unit when winterized had water lines blown free of water and system filled with rv antifreeze, heater on in trailer when temp at or below freezing. Valve not damaged because of freezing.

UPDATE:

As mentioned above, the valve did stop weeping when in the open position after opening and closing valve during our first trip.

Anyway, just hoping this was a one time event.

Surprised no one had info on these small valves.

Internet search did not find any real information on these valves either.