Options

Additional Batteries, Inverter, Additional Solar

TabeeTabee Member Posts: 14
Hi all,
wanted to share with you my setup and additions. Please see pictures and any comments are welcomed. 
Alan

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    My goodness! Electrically sufficient!

Can you tell me about your exterior 120v outlet cover? Does it seal well against 'driving' rain (like at 60mph)?

Where did you get it? Brand?

Thanks!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Hi chan, the outside outlet comes standard with the 2021 TB. I had just to rewire one of the outlet to be inverter outlet. The cover holds well with any speed. I went 85 mil/hr and it is good. Have not raced with the TB yet to see if it holds more than 85mil/hr. Hahaha 
  • Options
    Jax0913Jax0913 Member Posts: 64
    Great post! How are you connecting your solar charge controller with the batteries and the switch? Are you able to select which battery the charge controller is charging? 
    2018 T@B 400
    2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
  • Options
    Hi Jax,

there are 2 solar charge controllers. One that came with the TB and the solar panel on top of TB. That system is separate from the second battery and solar case. The solar case hocks to outside ASE outlet, a wire was setup so that this outlet goes to the inside second solar controller that is connected to battery #2 and charges it. 

Regards

Alan 
  • Options
    Jax0913Jax0913 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks Alan! Great setup

2018 T@B 400
    2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab