2021 Door trash(?) hinge pins

Hi, I backed out the door last weekend in a hurry and inadvertently caught the door's hinged container and the top popped off. As I was in a hurry I just grabbed the lid and continued. Well looking at it later and on another 2021 I realized the pins may be a simple replacement. I'm waiting for a call back from Nucamp but anybody have a similar experience? I like the fact they appear to be breakaway as opening the door skin up to replace them doesn't seem quick.

Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments

• WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    edited May 2021
    It is pretty easy to remove or install the door lid and the pins should be easy to replace. Hopefully you were able to save those when your door came off.  If you can't get them from nuCamp, those pins that are used to hold shelves up in adjustable bookshelves would probably work.  All the major box stores sell various pins for that. 

I used a tool designed to remove auto trim parts to pull the door off but you could use a flat head screwdriver.  Just carefully pry between the door skin and the pin.  Install is pretty simple - just put the pin in the hole and slide the door assembly back in. You might need to use small plastic washers for a bushing to reduce sideplay.

By the way, I like the idea of a hook on the inside of the bin to hold a trash bag up.  I think I'll use that.

Here are some smaller pics (sorry about the file size - I reduced but not enough)

2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho