Options

New Tab 400 Leaking Rainwater

There was some substantial rain and wind north of Jacksonville last evening.  When I came back to the trailer after the storm I found a good-sized puddle centered on the foot of the dinette.  The water appeared to come from under the front passenger-side dinette seat.

Any similar experiences?  Causes/solutions?
2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    I had an issue where the upper seal of the front window was not seated fully up into the frame.  With the window wide open I used a rubber mallet to get the seal fully seated.  May not be related, but the water source is either the front window or the circular side window. 

I would pull the seat cushion and open the panel, then have someone spray water on the front and side to see if you can determine where it's coming in.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    bekeldbekeld Member Posts: 1
    Had that happen. Mine was from the lower left corner of the door (as you stand inside the T@b). The gasket was not completely sealed, which allowed the wind to push the water in that space. 

It looked as if it was coming out from under the passenger side of the dinette, but I was able to see the flow from the door since it was still raining. Hope this helps. 
  • Options
    rrcbovrrcbov Member Posts: 109
    bekeld said:
    Had that happen. Mine was from the lower left corner of the door (as you stand inside the T@b). The gasket was not completely sealed, which allowed the wind to push the water in that space. 

It looked as if it was coming out from under the passenger side of the dinette, but I was able to see the flow from the door since it was still raining. Hope this helps. 
    What was the fix?  Did you do it yourself or take it to the dealer?

Thanks.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida