Fixing the USABLE water availability in our 2019 T@B 320S, Solution number 2, The Baby Needs to Burp

Adding the brace bar under the tank to force the bulge up (and move water foreword) did achieve the improvement I was looking for as I consistently measured 10 1/2 gallons when the drain was opened. However, raising that bulge somehow created a different problem.  At a level trailer position getting 11 gallons into the tank was not working. After adding about 6 gallons the tank stopped letting water in. Eventually I discovered that if I raised the tongue all the way up the tank would burp and more water could be added. So one problem was solved but another created. It's almost as much of a hassle to burp the tank as it is to lower it. Time to try something else.

In the end I decided to risk drilling the hole in a perfectly good tank to allow moving the drain to the center of that sagging bulge. So far no leaking and I'm measuring almost 100% water availability. Here is a picture of the Uniseal installed in the lowest spot of the bulge. As long as I keep the trailer tongue sloping up  the burping issue has not been a problem and I'm getting 11 gallons in.

Comments

• DudleeDudlee Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2019 320 S also. Do you have more photos of the details of the brace bar location? I can't tell where you added the Uniseal in this close up photo. Do you have to remove the large skid plate to access the tank?
    —  2019 320 S Boondock, 2016 Nissan Frontier, Sonoma County
  • mnmarkiemarkmnmarkiemark Member Posts: 30
    Yes, the corrugated plastic can be dropped by removing the retainer straps around the edges. I would remove only the ones behind the axle first to see if your tank has the same bulge. The stuff is quite flexible and can easily be rolled back in itself. Lower the trailer tongue all the way to give yourself more clearance. Raise it all the way if your working on the front section. I never removed the entire piece, just let it sag out of the way.