Options

Proper sheets/bedding

Has anyone figured out the best way to a buy latex/foam topper and sheets for a Tab 320S? I plan to buy a 2 inch memory foam topper and would like to be able to find sheets that are shallow enough for that that won't come loose. I can't find any sheets online that aren't for regular mattresses. When not in use I would just roll the entire memory foam and sheets together in one roll and store it behind the cushions. Anything thicker than 2 inches will cut into the already too-little headroom under the cabinets. I am 6'2'' and can't sleep wheel to wheel. Just curious what other people have done that might be similar to what I am looking to do, and where to find those sheets. 

Comments

• Options
    TheBellHopTheBellHop Member Posts: 18
    Check out Mattress Insider. They have toppers and sheets. You can order custom sizes too. https://www.mattressinsider.com/

We just got twin cot-size toppers and they're awesome! Waiting for the sheets to arrive next.
    2015 Little Guy T@B 320 Max White with Red trim
    Pulled by a 2023 Toyota Tundra
    Leaves on T@bventures from the Snoqualmie Valley, WA

• Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 61
    @TheBellHop Are you able to roll it up and fit it behind the rear cushions? I'm not sure how much space is back there or if this is possible. I see the sheets have a minimum mattress thickness of 4 inches, so if I got the 2 inch topper, the sheets would still be too big. 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @DenverJaguar, you didn't say what year trailer you have. In our 2017, we have a 2" topper and we use king sized fitted and top sheets. The king size allows a huge 9" - 12" overlap under the topper. We have never had the fitted sheet pop off with so much overage of fabric underneath. Second question, a 2" topper and both fitted and flat sheets easily roll up and fit behind the sofa seat. Again, we have a 2017 and measurements may vary significantly. We use 4 straps that I sewed to keep the topper and sheets together, jelly roll style, which keeps everything nice and neat behind the sofa back. It's also easier to stash into and recover from that position with straps on. Good luck. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    SusanDSusanD Member Posts: 87
    I have 2 tri-fold mattresses.  I bought one queen sized quilt cover, cut it in two lengthwise, sewed the seams and buttoned/pinned the bottom. Now I just remove the cover to wash it. Works great.
    2021 Tab320S Boondock, 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
  • Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 61
    @DenverJaguar, you didn't say what year trailer you have. In our 2017, we have a 2" topper and we use king sized fitted and top sheets. The king size allows a huge 9" - 12" overlap under the topper. We have never had the fitted sheet pop off with so much overage of fabric underneath. Second question, a 2" topper and both fitted and flat sheets easily roll up and fit behind the sofa seat. Again, we have a 2017 and measurements may vary significantly. We use 4 straps that I sewed to keep the topper and sheets together, jelly roll style, which keeps everything nice and neat behind the sofa back. It's also easier to stash into and recover from that position with straps on. Good luck. -Denise

I have a 2022 on order. So the king sized sheets don't come out from under the topper? I am not handy with a sewing machine or thread and needle, so I won't be able to add straps, but I like that idea! And thank you for confirming it fits behind the cushions. I think the 2022 is pretty much the same behind that area as your 2017 model. 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @DenverJaguar, get creative about the straps. Cut up some fabric strips, or you can use wide, flat bungies. The round bungies tend to cut through the gel foam, as we discovered on another smaller project before the mattress. Good luck, and enjoy the anticipation!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    TheBellHopTheBellHop Member Posts: 18
    @TheBellHop Are you able to roll it up and fit it behind the rear cushions? I'm not sure how much space is back there or if this is possible. I see the sheets have a minimum mattress thickness of 4 inches, so if I got the 2 inch topper, the sheets would still be too big. 
    Yes @DenverJaguar, it fits rolled up behind the rear seat, which is why we switched to it from what we were using. Our other pads were too bulky. These roll up nicely and are super comfy, like the pillow top of a really nice mattress in your house.

I ordered sheets with a 6-inch mattress thickness so they envelop the mattress topper and the 4-inch seat cushion together. They've not arrived yet to tell you whether I love them or not, but I think they'll be great. You can custom order sizes from Mattress Insider, so if you want sheets with 2" mattress depth to cover just the mattress pad, I'm sure they can make that. 

Here's some coupon codes for Mattress Insider: https://www.mattressinsider.com/coupon-page.html

and refer5 for 5% off.
    2015 Little Guy T@B 320 Max White with Red trim
    Pulled by a 2023 Toyota Tundra
    Leaves on T@bventures from the Snoqualmie Valley, WA

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2021
    We got a two inch latex topper, cut it in two, and bought zip-up 'mattress cases' (like a pillow case), made with nice cotton sheet material.

These 'bags' were designed to be used on a slightly thicker topper, so I bought some elastic straps with nice clips on either end (clips like you might see on children's suspenders), and we strap them across the bottom to tighten up the fit. Works well, except removing/replacing the bag/sheet to launder is more difficult than simply changing a bed sheet.

It is, however, much better than making the bed every night, from scratch.

Having the pads separated into two individual mattresses works well because it's much easier to deal with two smaller ones rather than one large one.

We fold them lengthwise and stack the two folded pads at the back of the Tab (couch-back laid flat). That way they act as something soft to lean against. Ours are latex, and would be quite difficult to try to fit behind the couch.

It you're interested, I can look up the manufacturer of the "bags" and the elastic straps.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya