Options

Tab 320S A/C Leak

dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
Just wanted to post this since summer is here and many are running their A/C units more frequently.  While converting my battery system and converter over to a lithium power center, I had my A/C running for an extended time while working inside the camper.  As I was working in the electrical area, I noticed water pooling up between the wall cavity between the shower area and the electrical right behind the solar controller.  I did find the water leak after removing the mirror in the shower and looking though the access hole and found a crack in the flimsy A/C condensate tray.  This is now the second time this cheap plastic has developed a crack.  I know I have read a ton on having the trailer pitched down slightly etc since that's where the drain is and it is true, you do need a slight pitch to drain better, but for those having leaking issues with water getting all over the seating area or leaking behind the wall make sure you check that tray.  I am bewildered why Nucamp would use such a flimsy piece of material as a condensate tray.  They welded this nice frame in there and they could have easily made the tray stainless steel.  Anyway I have modified my tray to never leak again.  I used clear flex shot in a can to seal the perimeter of the aluminum frame to the bottom plastic pan, and I glued the cracks and also reinforced the broken corner that goes in the wall with Flex tape.  It is working perfect now and should be stronger than it was.  My next step is to develop a 3d printed insert that will attach to the factory tray and drain.  For now I am sure this will probably never leak again.  I just figured I would post this since many may be chasing there tails tryin to figure out the leak.  Here are some pictures of the cracks as well as the repair.  I used gorilla glue to seal the cracks as it is flexible.  I hope this can potentially help someone else with a similar issue.

Comments