Options

Renogy Battery Monitor with Renogy 40 AMP controller

the P1 side of the shunt needs to be connected to the the load.  Confusing to me.  Does this mean connecting to the negative side of the invertor or to the negative side of the main power supply.  

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Can you tell us what you are trying to connect?  The shunt should be simple to set up (but looking at the idiotic instructions, I feel your pain.  Who writes these things?)  On my Victron: I needed a new, separate "negative" cable from the battery to the shunt. (Which looks like that wire goes to the "B" side of your shunt.) The other two negative wires that came from that side of the battery ( the trailer ground and the solar port ground) went to the other side of the shunt.  (Which looks like P1 on the Renogy shunt.)  Nothing else needs to move from the battery.  In essence, the shunt becomes your negative post of the battery.  One of the small power wires goes from the shunt to the positive post of the battery to power the shunt.

This is just for the battery setup for monitoring.  When you discuss the "converter" or "inverter" I'm not sure where you are heading.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Stephene1212Stephene1212 Member Posts: 8
    To the P1 side you connect the negative of the invertor and the negative of the controller.  The b1 side is connected to the  negative  for the battery.  You were correct the shunt becomes the negative side of the battery.  Everything is working.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    We would love to see some pictures of your shunt/inverter setup.  The Victrons are fairly common, but someone might want to see how you set up your Renogy.  Glad you got it working!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi