Options

Have I told you lately . . .

WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

how much I love my T@B?  I took ClemenT@B out over Easter weekend for her maiden voyage.  I went to Chatfield State Park close to home (Denver).  I had to de-winterize the RV antifreeze the dealer put in the system.  That took a couple of hours, as I also sanitized the fresh water tank with bleach and then flushed that out.  Everything worked!!!! 

The 3-way fridge: Tried out the Norcold 3-way fridge on propane first.  It took at least a minute of holding down the red button to get the propane up through the lines for the first time, but once the green light came on, it stayed on and cooled the fridge.  Then I switched it to shore power for the rest of the weekend.  The fridge does warm up the countertop a little bit, but my sink did not get "hot."  I noticed that when T@B was closed up and the outside temp was 70 degrees, the fridge warmed up the interior of the T@B.  I'm going to experiment a little with the temp setting on the fridge, as I can see that if it gets really hot outside and you are running the AC, the systems might be fighting each other. 

The Alde:  BEAUTIFUL!  It worked, and it's so nice and warm with no audible noise.  I had HOT, HOT, HOT water.  Even the next morning, it only took 10 seconds for the warm water to flow through the faucet. 

There are 51 campsites in Loop A.  This past weekend there were 45 very large trailers; 2 pop-up campers; 3 tents; and one yellow ClemenT@B!  I got a lot of grins from rubberneckers as they drove through the campground. 

I am amazed at the lengths that some people go to -- the people directly across from me actually had Dish TV come out to the campground to set up their antenna and TV!!!!  Never did see them outside the trailer sitting around the campfire or hiking or biking. Guess I know what their philosophy of camping is!

The T@B is such a nifty little trailer with everything I need, and so easy to tow and set up . . . It's great to be in love.

:x

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Sweet... did you take any pics?

About the refrigerator.... I noticed that there is a large gap around my fridge, that allows me to see the exhaust vent if viewed just right. I wonder if a small dc fan near that external vent would help, and/or gasketing around the fridge. I'll need to review the installation manual.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Glad you had a great maiden voyage!  Any pics?
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Great job. All your research and questions helped you be a confident and comfortable T@Bber. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Yes, pics are on my camera -- I'll see if I have time tonight to upload a couple.  My nephew is getting married this weekend in Naples, so I'm off tomorrow on another journey.  If I had enough vacation time, I would have just towed T@B, but I'm being forced to fly.  How I hate that. >:P
  • Options
    I truly am thankful to all you T@BBers on this Forum who helped me get to this point.  I do not feel so naïve anymore.  I've still got a lot to learn; but seriously, without all YOUR help, I would not even have bought me T@B.  I especially love my cabinet springs. ;) \m/
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    We camped Thursday, Good Friday, and most of Saturday in southern Illinois.  Enjoyed ladder ball and hiking to the falls.  Couldn't have asked for better weather!

The Stinky Pete potty tent made its first appearance :D

Our "compound"
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    We also had 3 huge Class As with triple slides move into our loop.  They actually came out and camped, though.  With only a man and woman in each rig, you wonder why they "need" all of that space and amenities.  However, I need to remind myself that some people live in their big rig and it is their "home".
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options

Evelyn -- Yes, I will definitely be glad to give you Alde tips.  Ha, if Little Guy would let me, I would volunteer to be the poster girl for the Alde!  I did get lucky with the weather, huh?  Here are a few pics, including my first meal with ClemenT@B.  Also pictured is my over-the-sink cutting board from Camping World, my little Cuisinart grill that travels and stays in T@B, a nifty over-the-shower-door storage pocket, and a "Selfie."  I had the camera propped up on the top of the grill, so it's a little crooked.  That's okay.  It's all in a day of camping.

P.S.  I think the T@B cushions are great to sleep on. 

I-)
  • Options
    Cute as can be, T@B and you. Good job. Looks like a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Best photo: the hotdog at the Snapple altar, ready to be taken with that knife. ;D

So glad to see you using and having fun with the t@b!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    That grill looks pretty cool... and I am always curious where people put their coats. We are contemplating putting the hooks over the furnace control, as that area of the bed/bench gets the least traffic. The next challenge is to have a place to store my boots! No joke... they are 13 EEEE gunboats, and they are (as my wife says) a hazard.

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Beth I bought the same grill on Amazon two Christmases ago for $75.  Saw it at CW for $150,  I love it when I realize I got a great deal on something. :)  Plus it is excellent little grill!  Keep having fun in that new T@B
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    I have read on the LG forum that some campers put their shoes/boots in a locking plastic bin and store it outside the T@B, close to the step. 
  • Options
    Hey, if someone needs my raunchy ol' workboots anout to steal 'em, then by golly they needed 'em more than I. Tzedaka starts with me. :D

I am thinking about a box on the aframe, to hold extra stuff (keeping it light to keep the tongue weight down).
  • Options
    Hey, X. You could just use them as bed slats. 2 problems solved. 
  • Options
    Belva, I like the cut of your jib!

Only problem is I've already decided to use one to craft my vent cover.
  • Options
    Thanks, T@B guy, back at you. 

I've been trying to post a pic of the black stripe across the back of T@B.  I have a new phone. Where are the teenagers when you need them.