Options

2021 400 Alde bleed tube locations

We have been working to get the air bubbles out of the heating system for the last couple of weeks. We found 3 locations to bleed air from the lines: Under the sink, behind the passenger side seat at the dinette, at the top of the register in the bathroom. We did have an air buble behind the dinette but everywhere else looked good.
Can you tell us if there are other locations to check? We are still having trouble getting heat all the way around the camper. We get heat in the shower and at the head of the bed and then the heat runs out. The kitchen counter and area near the dinette have very little heat. 
We appreciate the help!
Mary 
2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    I was intrigued to find references to bleed valves in the 2021 manual.

ALDE® SYSTEM
    1. Red overheat failure
    a. You have air-pockets in your system. Open the bleeder valves located on the Alde®. After sufficiently bleeding the Alde®, disconnect the 12v power supply line going into the Alde® control center and allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes.

My 2019 has only one under the cover of the convector in the bath. As you may have noted the manual does not specify number or location. I would contact NuCamp for locations but they are likely in places you can find without taking stuff apart, so you may have found them all

Since I just flushed and filled my entire system, I found a couple of things that might be pertinent.

1. You need to turn up the circulator pump on the Alde and the Flow to 5 or the highest number to really move the glycol and any air in the lines. You can set pump to continuous in service menu and run without heat. I think the Flow only comes on when the hot water is set to max. I did not try this as my water was drained during my flush. It was not needed for me to clear out the air in mine though

2. I was advised thru an Alde reference to then stop the pump and open the bleed valve (or each in turn) till glycol flows. If the bleed valve if opened with pumps running it can draw air into the lines… somehow. I only had the one bleed valve and it burped air a couple of times when I turned off the pump then no more air. 

This worked to clear my air in lines in my 400, so good luck. Sounds like they are going back to the European style build, and that may be good. What we all need is a standard procedure for the simple things like air bleeding. The Alde is pretty simple in plumbing and design. It is just given to us like a typewriter to a chimpanzee, and away we go with it.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    HillbillyHillbilly Member Posts: 12
    I’ve looked for the bleed valves on my 2021 400BD but only found the one beneath the shower.  Nothing under the dinette seat or under the sink.  How did you find them?  Also how do you adjust the pump speed?  Thanks
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    Here is a thread that came about through a FB post a few months ago.  This is for a 320, but it might help you find it.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13245/newer-alde-bleeder-tube-location

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi