Options

Electrical outlets dead!!! — Solved

lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
Help please--camping right now with hookups-- went to make coffee & little electric coffee pot doesn't work-- tried other outlets & they are dead too-- tried another electric appliance-- same thing.  The USB ports right next the outlets work-- overhead all lights work-- alde working on electric & fridge working.  Checked & reset button-- checked electric panel-- no lights indicating a fuse is blown.  Ideas???  2017 Tab 320S
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If you start at the beginning that would be the electrical pedestal. Make sure you have power using a volt meter (multi meter). Make sure the breaker is on for your 30 amp circuit.

Is your cord plugged in tight at the pedestal and the side of your camper? 

Are your circuit breakers on inside your converter (brown box with the 12V fuses and circuit breakers inside your camper)?. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    I believe all the outlets are controlled by the GFI outlet on the driver side pedestal.  Make sure it isn't tripped.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts!  I'm always learning something from this group!  Apparently when I went to put my locking chain on my surg protector I bumped the plug just enough for the surge protector to come unplugged from the pedestal!  DUH!!  Thankfully I put some frozen water bottles in my fridge for trav& fridge was still right at 40 degrees.

Which brings up another question-- if I'm plugged into electric should I shut off my battery disconnect?

Woohoo!
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    lkc001 said:
    . . . other outlets & they are dead too
    . . . alde working on electric & fridge working.

Checked & reset button-- checked electric panel
    Assuming you are correct that the Alde and Fridge have 120VAC power.
    Then as others have noted the GFCI Outlet has tripped or the 120VAC Outlets Circuit Breaker has tripped.

GFCI outlet can be difficult to reset,  Circuit breaker should be toggled full off then back on to confirm it has not tripped.

While every T@B may not be identical. Typical 120VAC Wiring is:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    lkc001 said:

Which brings up another question-- if I'm plugged into electric should I shut off my battery disconnect?

No. You'll want to leave it on so the converter recharges the battery (you must've drawn it down some while you were accidentally disconnected from shore power).
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    @Marceline. Thanks for the wiring picture & the explanation as to why I need to leave the disconnect switch ON 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Obviously if the problem was at the CG pedestal, the Alde was NOT working on electric, nor was the fridge. What led you to that erroneous conclusion? For future readers, wrong information can really send folks down a rabbit hole while trying to troubleshoot electric issues.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    The fridge could have been working off the battery, since the compressor is 12 volts.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban