Options

Fantastic Fan and Propane!

We recently purchased a used (never used) 2021 T@B 320 S Boondock!  We love him, Homer, but had 2 malfunctions on our initial adventure.  1.  Our Fantastic Fan stopped working.  We changed the fuse in the unit, and the fuse in the fuse box is good.  We have a vent cover.  I've watched videos and cannot figure out why it is not working.  2.  Our propane is not working.  The tank is full, but propane is not getting to the stove top or the heating system.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much -  Char

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    edited July 2021
    @WickedAnt  - concerning the propane, first try SLOWLY opening the tank, then try lighting the stove.  If that doesn’t work, try a different tank and slowly open it.  I think there was a recent report of a propane valve that was not properly opened.  It could also be a bad propane regulator.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    On the fan, there is a plunger switch that could be sticking, it is to prevent running fan when cover is closed.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    WickedAnt said:
    . . . Fantastic Fan stopped working.  We changed the fuse in the unit, and the fuse in the fuse box is good.  We have a vent cover.
    Typical Fantastic Fan has three on/off switches.
       The Off, 1, 2, 3 standard power switch.
       A lid not open switch, this is a plunger switch near the lid hinge.  You can see it if you stand and
         look at the correct angle.  The fan lid must be open for the fan to run.  Your Vent Cover is so you
         can have the fan lid open while it is raining.
       Last is the Air Flow Direction switch.  It has three positions Air In, OFF, Air Out.
         It is possible to get that direction switch into the Off position and never notice.

Suggest you double/triple check all three switches are On . . . if fan still not working than other troubleshooting will be needed.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    WickedAntWickedAnt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tips.  I will check the plunger switch on the fan.  And try a new propane tank.  

• Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    On my Tab, I have found that the propane tank needs to be attached very tightly. When I think that it's tight, I turn it a drop more. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    When propane tanks are swapped out it introduces quite a bit of air into the system and that might be your issue. Try bleeding the system by pressing and holding the ignite button on your stove while holding a lighter near the burners with the button depressed. For me that usually purges the air from the system. It can take a bit of time to purge the air out.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road