Options

Future owner (I hope)!

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
Greetings all. I live in Tucson and will retire fairly soon --- after doing a lot of looking online I'm really leaning toward a T@Bitha (or T@B)...just found out about the T@Bitha and wanted to chat with someone who might have one (is it LadyArtist???). I'll also be doing this solo like the idea of "jazzing up" the interior which this new line seems to allow since there are neutral colors inside. I've put in a request online to find out more about this line but haven't heard back - can one order directly through the manufacturer or do I have go through a dealer? Looking forward to reading more of the discussions and get ideas on a tow vehicle, things I should (or shouldn't) order, etc. Oh, one question - has anyone installed solar panels (I think flexible ones are available?) - can the dealer do this? I have a lot to learn about them but think it's something I'd want. Thanks all! Michele
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

Ms. Future Owner,  I considered solar panels however they are not adequate to Run heater, air, or anything plugged in like small appliances.  Either plug in to power source or use a quiet generator.  Lights,tv12 v, radio  will run on battery if solar was to be used just for these items.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    Thanks Deputydog - I was only thinking of using the solar for lights, radio, etc. Something to consider and I appreciate the info!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2014
    It's my understanding the Mary Jane Butters T@Bitha will not be available on lots, but is a special order.  I don't know if you go through her to Little Guy.  The only differences I see are cabinets, upholstery, and counter top.  I actually prefer my cabinets.  Here is her page.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Correction.   I see on her page that dealers have the brochure and you can order from them or online through the above link.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Thanks TABaker - yes, I've been to both her site and then saw the brochure on the T@B site --- but doesn't give further details. I have an email in to factory but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully soon!

• Options
    Oh, well I wasn't much help then. lol  I was told by another who inquired that the line was pricey, so I wonder how much over the standard T@B price the increase for the package is.  Of course all T@Bs can be personalized with your own "touch".  We even have a couple of "themes" depending on the season :D

• Options
    TABaker - I will, of course, compare costs - was also looking at the S floorplan --- but you're right, depends on what one orders in the package. I'm weird because of all the trailers I've been looking at I don't usually lean toward what they offer in upholstery --- guess that's why I was excited to see the neutral design of the T@Bitha. I would think one could have cushion covers redone though. A lot to consider! Did you order yours from a dealer or right from the factory?

• Options
    My T@B was purchased used, although used very little.  I have green and white slipcovers since in the fall we decorate for Packers football.

• Options
    TABaker - I LOVE what you did...did you make the covers yourself? Also, how is that light mounted? And are the curtain rods mounted or are they tension rods? So nice to see the insides of these - gives one way more ideas of what can be done. Thanks so much for posting!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I had the slip covers made at a local sewing shop because of the odd-shaped one.  I also had her make them with just an elastic back so that they're easy on and easy off (picture a shower cap)  However, I thought I would launder them more than I do.  I didn't realize at the time I was buying dry clean fabric :(  Our one-horse town lost our dry cleaners due to fire so I have to drive them out of town for cleaning.  They don't really need it much though.  

I think the Dutchmen lights are made different that LG.  My "shade" is only cardstock paper with ric-rac glued on. We find the lights to be too bright except when reading, and then hubby just pulls the shade off.  They stay in place with tape at the side and tension between the wall and cabinet door.  My curtain rods are mounted with 3M hooks...one at each end and one in the center.  Curtains are hung with cafe rods.  Here is what our lights look like without the shade.

Curtain rod hook (I don't have the wood valances)

I have several different sets of curtains because they'so easy to change.

Hope this info helps...

• Options
    TABaker - what great ideas (especially for the curtain rods and slip covers for the cushions, etc). And now you're "killing me" with that last picture - LOVE the lights! It's also something I'd like to incorporate. I feel the creativity flowing (with help from you and others - lol)! I just heard back from the AZ dealer and they have several models to look at. I'll make a trip up there one of these weekends. I'm getting more and more excited!

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Michele -- The questions that Lady Artist posted above are very good soul-searching questions to ask yourself.  Also, have you camped much prior to this?  That's a pretty important indicator of how much comfort you need or don't need to make your camping experience a happy one.  Go check them out, and I can guarantee you, you'll fall in love.  Let us know -K?   B-)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    All important things to think about. I used to live fulltime in a trailer (constantly on the road even having my 2 sons traveling too). But that was ions ago so now I'd do this solo. Traveling is in my blood and I'm going into this with the idea I'll try it for a year to see if I want to continue...I presently and in the past live in very small quarters compared to most folks so I know I do not need a lot. I will continue to do research, see some T@bs and talk to people (you've all been so helpful!)..it should fall into place as I'll take my time - but boy am I excited about being on the road again!

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I think the biggest thing you will hear from people is that "you will pay more per square foot than a larger used 'stick and tin'." Essentially, they are right... T@bs do cost as much if not more tha. Their convetionally designed boxy counterparts with rubber roofs and aluminum siding. What this doesn't take into consideration is the building materials, unique characteristics, ability to be hauled by vehicles with a lighter towing capacity, and the relative efficiency this design offers. Being able to tow it with a relatively smaller vehicle means that when you do decide to set up for a while, and hook up... your fuel expenses with your now untethered tow vehicle may not be as great. The design of the t@b allows for minimal (not zero) maintenance hassles and woes.

Resale certainly seems strong as well, and ultimately, there is also pride of ownership. It's not to say I wouldn't have fun in a Jayco of some sort... ...but it's not what I wanted.

The T@b spoke to me, and I had to have it. Time will tell if it's ultimately what we need... ...but so far, all signs point to "yes".
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    XPADREX - I've been debating for a while now about what kind of trailer to get. I've had a love affair with the "canned hams" and have thought about getting one restored. I think I'd end up spending as much on doing that as getting a T@b. I THINK a "canned ham" would be heavier --- the T@bs exterior look is so much like the canned hams - I actually love the designs and colors that are offered...will be making a trip to a dealer in a few weeks to get a real feel for one. Your line about it "speaking to you" - that's how I'm feeling --- I THINK it'll fit my needs - however, I will continue to do my research - will let you all know what I end up doing!

• Options
    It's so good to hear others talk about the "feel" of an RV....I've not only lived in a (much larger) unit but have looked and looked. And, like you and others on this site, there's this intangible thing called attraction --- I haven't gotten that from all the RVs out there - except for the "canned hams" I've seen and now the T@Bs. So I'm thrilled to hear this from others!

• Options
    NnbriccoNnbricco Member Posts: 16
    We are so excited about heading up to NC this month to order our E@rle Street. I have wanted a T@b for several years. I have camped, backpacked, kayaked and canoe camped for many years. I was looking into the LG's several years back because I could pull one with my miata (so the dealer said). I worked on the road at that time, and I thought it would be a brilliant way to get some down time after the dtresses of being on the road. I would see the T@bs at a dealer on my way to Charleston, SC, but never pulled over to look. I knew my miata couldn't poull that! However, after my husband & I were married we started car camping together as our means of being alone (as I was living with my father and my teen son atthe time-- and we still do). When I took a new job with extra vacation time each year now, we decided that a T@b would now be worth the investment after showing my husbnand Neil's you tube video of his T@b. I took my husband up to the same NC dealership as Neil went to, simmply because it is the closest to my home, and Eric was hooked! He loves the CS. SO this is the month to order. And we should have our T@b by Sept/Oct. We will take it out for a few weekend trips, and then... to Key West for his birthday/Thanksgiving.
    Eric & Nichola Greenville, SC Jeep Compass, expecting T@b.
  • Options
    Congrats, Nichola!  What a dream trip...Key West.  It's on my bucket list, but will probably have to occur after I retire.

• Options
    SistaBSistaB Member Posts: 9
    Hello Michele, Where I am there are 2 T@bithas on the lot. I love the interior of it, I understand LG are making a change to the table, I believe it will be stainless steel. There is the T@bitha PDF to download on the LG or T@B website and if you look up Apache Camping in Washington there should be a T@bitha on their website with interior and exterior pics. I'll be honest the T@bitha was the only interior that I really liked, it's the upholstery that I have a problem with in that I really do not like RV upholstery in general, but that is my issue and not everyone will share my opinion.  LG will reply if you email. But you order from your dealer. Enjoy your shopping experience I get to have mine in October.