Power converter issue (?)

Hi all. Can anyone chime in on an electrical issue I’m having on my 2015 T@B?  My 12v battery will drain in a few days if left connected to the main positive line that goes to the power converter/fuse box. It’s a new lithium 100ah battery. I have a WF-8735. I’ve tested for continuity between the battery connector and the converter and that run has no short. When I remove the fuses I get continuity to ground on each fuse circuit (some on both fuse connectors and some on one side only). I’m inclined to think the WF-8735 is bad. They are reasonably priced and I could swap it out. Thanks for your input. 

Comments

• Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    WF-8735 is not rated for use with Lithium Ion batteries and may not properly charge your battery. However, it should charge it to some degree but likely quite slow. 

With that being said, while connected to shore power, remove the connection to the battery (IE Perko Switch or fuse), does the convertor supply 12 VDC to the RV?

You can also check the voltage at the battery with it plugged into shore power, if the converter is working you should see at least 13.6 volts as shown on their website.

(WFCO’s three-stage battery charging results in longer battery life and is totally automatic. Nominal voltage output modes are a 13.2 VDC range “float” mode, 13.6 VDC range “absorption” charge mode, and a 14.4 VDC range “bulk” charge mode.)

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • sebzipssebzips Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Brad. I normally don’t plug it in - I use a 45w panel. That keeps the 12v system charged with my very minimal electrical use. I’ll try that. 
  • Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 433
    8k ohms to ground is a single digit milliamp draw so that should not drain the battery in a few days. I'd measure the current out of the battery at "rest" and go hunting for a current drain by pulling individual fuses. If you still suspect the converter disconnect the 12V output of the converter. 
  • sebzipssebzips Member Posts: 4
    Grumpy_G said:
    8k ohms to ground is a single digit milliamp draw so that should not drain the battery in a few days. I'd measure the current out of the battery at "rest" and go hunting for a current drain by pulling individual fuses. If you still suspect the converter disconnect the 12V output of the converter. 
    Hey grumpy - i agree about 8 ohms. Some of the fuse connectors are 2 ohms. The maker suggested it could be blown led fuse indicators. I am still tracing the draw...